Looking for a new All Mountain type bike ideas please....

Wardo2k
Wardo2k Posts: 3
edited April 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi folks,

Im looking at buying a new all mountain type rig. I sold my 2007 Norco Six last year, and am now pining after a new bike.

I need some ideas as to whats on offer for around the £2000 mark. I know that this is budget level for a decent bike with plenty of Spec & travel. Bikes I have been looking at so far:

-2012 Cube Fritzz - A tad over £2000, but seems a decent spec for the money? Anyone have experience on this bike?

-2012 Specialized Stumpy FSR Comp Evo - £2500, I dont think the missis will allow me to spend this much. Decent spec, and its a Stumpy. This was my inital choice but its over- budget.

-Specialized Enduro FSR Evo 2012 - Again, decent spec specialized, but coil shocks all round have put me off.

Anyone have any ideas for me?

Thanks

Comments

• oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Nowt wrong with the coil shocks except they are heavy.
  • Wardo2k
    Wardo2k Posts: 3
    Thats what puts me off the coils. I have no issues with them apart from the weight.

Does anyone know anything about the Cube Fritzz? Its what my eye is on at the moment.
  • dno64
    dno64 Posts: 18
    I've had a Cube Stereo for a couple of months now. Really pleased with it :D:D:D:D
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    What about th YT Industries Wicked 150? Its where my money was going before I got such a great deal on my Enduro frame http://www.yt-industries.com/shop/index.php?page=product&info=210
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    For bikes like this I would go for a coil shock. They just work so much better when things get hairy and with longer travel you really feel any little fault with the suspension. If you go for an air shock it needs to be a very good one to match the performance of even a basic coil shock.
    I would recommend the Giant Reign X. I have got one & it's excellent, I have done everything from xc enduros to downhill races on it (and both on the same day once but never again). The only reason I cannot recommend it that mine has now cost me £3000 to get it how I want it :-(
    The Rose Uncle Jimbo is excellent, a friend has one & it's a great ride.