Raleigh to become Dutch

pottssteve
pottssteve Posts: 4,069
edited April 2012 in The bottom bracket
Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs

Comments

• RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    At one time had a 65% stake of the GB market.
  • Tony-J
    Tony-J Posts: 53
    When I walked in to a Raleigh dealership in the mid 1980's it was chock full of fantastic bikes, some as much as £650 for a top end Raleigh. Beautiful machines some of them, the frames oozed quality and care.....and then they closed Nottingham. Mind you I can still ride a Brooks saddle and fit a Carradice bag to my 87 Raleigh which is still going strong, none of which are Eastern battery farm tat.
    Glen (work colleague) 'So Tony, those stars in the sky..they're not really small...they're really far away?'
    Glen:'so the Scottish, the Welch and the Irish all have their own languages..so why don't the English have their own language?'
  • hstiles
    hstiles Posts: 414
    It's a shame that Raleigh has never really clawed back its early reputation. I own a Raleigh Avanti carbon comp and it's a great bike - definitely as good as if not better than a lot of the popular makes. However, people just can't see past the name.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Tony-J wrote:
    Mind you I can still ride a Brooks saddle<snip> none of which are Eastern battery farm tat.
    are you sure?

I wonder how this will affect all the Mainland Europe Raleighs which are currently painted and assembled in Germany? not sure if it was a license of the name or the sale of the name to Derby Cycle.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • byke68
    byke68 Posts: 1,070
    When I were a lad, I had a Record Sprint then a Quaser - happy days!
    Now adays, my bikes are made in Taiwan for Yankee companies.
    Cannondale Trail 6 - crap brakes!
    Cannondale CAAD8