London Phoenix CC Easter Classic - Mon 9 April

Right after you’ve watched the thrills and spills of Paris-Roubaix on Easter Sunday, how about testing your mettle on some proper roads with modern day luxuries such as asphalt.

Coming to you on Easter Monday (9 April) is the LONDON PHOENIX EASTER CLASSIC across the beautiful, rolling landscape of Essex. It’s as smooth and professionally run as the sportives you fork out a fortune and drive halfway across the country for.

We offer:
- Two routes: Long (112km) or shorter version (54km)
- Timing chips that work! (or your money back)
- Halfway feeding station (and bike pit stop)
- Signed route
- Parking at the start/finish clubhouse
- Guaranteed sunshine
- Tailwind all the way round
- A selection of classic cycling films in a fully licenced bar to relax and unwind afterwards
ALL THIS FOR THE ASTONISHINGLY GOOD VALUE OF £12!!

It starts at Fairlop Waters (next door to Hogg Hill) from 8:30 onwards. Full details are on the London Phoenix website:
http://www.londonphoenix.co.uk/pages/easter-classic/12/

Registration is open on RiderHQ (payment via credit/debit card so very straightforward):
http://www.riderhq.com/events/londonpho ... lassic2012

We look forward to seeing you there!

Thanks,
Steven

Comments

• StevenMD
    StevenMD Posts: 7
    Entries ticking along nicely for this now. Surely a far better way to spend yr Bank Holiday than wandering round B&Q?! It's cheaper as well :D
  • R Price
    R Price Posts: 1
    The long-range weather forecast is good, let’s hope it holds.
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    Just signed up today after watching Milan-Sanremo. I did this in 2010 and while not the hilliest route, like MSR it's long enuf to be ridden fast which makes it a challenge.

See anyone there?
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • islwyn
    islwyn Posts: 650
    So a week to go till this one, looking forward to it. Not so looking forward to sitting on the train over in my lycra.
  • I'm in

weather looking ok so far...
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    I'm in.

Can't see any course on the website, but someone created this one on bikely last week.
    http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/co ... long-route

Looks quick.
    exercise.png
  • islwyn
    weather looking ok so far...

Not anymore... Wash out.
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    Pity about the weather. Great event. Would have been really good on a sunny day with a few post ride beers.
    exercise.png
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    I enjoyed that despite the weather. But even on Friday I was alreay putting my front and rear 'guards b/c I knew I'd need them for commuting this week (except it gorgeous today!). This and head to toe GoreTex and a cap under my helmet to cut the spray helped immesely.

Really enjoyed the rolling course which made it challenging but it was more an event to push myself to ride hard despite the weather. Great thing about the course is there were no dodgy downhill corners or super-narrow tracks with mud in the middle like Hell of the Ashdown, say.

We often forget that volunteers have to show up regardless of the weather and can't just stay in bed and do an hour on the tubo instead so good on the club who didn't lose their sense of humour. Want to see the results b/c I think I was easily top 20 or so.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • islwyn
    Want to see the results b/c I think I was easily top 20 or so.

I got the times emailed to me?