My new 2012 Yeti 575

phonic73
phonic73 Posts: 60
edited July 2012 in Your mountain bikes
Just got this last week. Was bit fed up of aching after riding my Santa Cruz Chameleon in my older age (39) :roll: so saw this beauty sitting at Swinnerton Cycles at Cannock Chase. It was sat there a few weeks before I thought stuff it,... Anyway, Im so glad I got it, it just rides so well I cant complement it enough. Also big thanks to the guys at the shop for helping me out with it.
Shows up on here a bit more yellow than Lime, but either way, Im loving the colour :D:D:D:D

2012 Yeti 575 in Lime - Full XT Build

24378c69.jpg
b5ce8841.jpg

Comments

• lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    niceee 8) the 2012 yeti range, barring the 303, looks sorted, 575 and sb66 in particular. any idea how much it weighs?
  • phonic73
    well my previous bike, SC chameleon weighed 27.2lbs and that was with float 36's on, this feels pretty much the same to pickup, but lighter to actually ride the yeti.
  • booyaka
    booyaka Posts: 263
    beauty - very jealous - top of my "want" pile.

Very very nice
  • That. Is. Awsome.

End of...
    Cannondale SL1 2012

'As far back as I can remember, I've always wanted to be a gangster' - Henry Hill
  • phonic73
    Thanks for the comments peeps. Taking it to Cannock in the morning for another spin.
  • The Spiderman
    The Spiderman Posts: 5,625
    Beautiful bike. 8)
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo
  • phonic73
    Cheers. If anyones comtemplating buying one, dont think, just do, you wont regret it one bit. Ive had a fair few bikes, but this is something else, its the only bike Ive ridden in the last 20 years that put a big grin on my face.
  • fat_homer
    fat_homer Posts: 470
    Very nice indeed, I can't stop lusting after its little brother, the acr5. Yeti really do make some of the best looking bikes around.
  • phonic73
    Agree'd, Ive always lusted after one since back in the 90's but could never afford one.
  • nice bike, what size frame did you go for? how does the sizing compare to other bikes/brands you have riden?
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    That's very nice.

I demoed a ASR5 which was leagues ahead of any other FS bike I've ridden. Even though it was a tad too big it just felt so fun and flickable, I was amazed at how well it climbed too. I'd be interested to hear if the 575 is similar because it would have that bit more big hit ability.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Yum. Very, very nice indeed.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris