weekend plans?

mudcow007
mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
edited April 2012 in Commuting chat
well boys and girls

i have a delivery of soil to attend to. 20 tonnes in fact to level my back garden. its like a hill side at the moment

then i have to build the roof for my porch

then i might be allowed to go for a ride at some point

im also hoping to do a bit of work on my motorbike too - it only needs...rewiring, oil leak sorting an generally tidying up

so what you all doing?
Keeping it classy since '83

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,355
    Driving to Germany for a weeks holiday.
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    Saturday - learning how to make a roman blind.

Sunday - off to Yorkshire (via Blackstone Edge - eek) to see my god-children.
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • msmancunia wrote:
    how to make a roman blind.

Poke him in the eyes!

Day saved, now you can go for a ride ;)
    AKA Captain Blackbeard
    Going Top to Bottom - E2E for Everyman and Headway - Spet 2013
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Cycle out to Kent for Ma's birthday. Have curry, laze about on Sunday, cycle back Monday.
    In work 3 days, then off to Dorset for a week, back for a day, off to Costa Rica for a fortnight. Back via Amsterdam. Back in work on 1st May.

April is gonna be awesome :)
    Sorry, that post started with the weekend, honest
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • veronese68
    msmancunia wrote:

Poke him in the eyes!

Beat me to it.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,797
    You mean, you're not all watching the Tour of Flanders on Sunday?

Oh the shame.
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    Veronese68 wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

Poke him in the eyes!

Beat me to it.

How I didn't see that coming I'll never know. The oldies are the goodies, eh?
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Helping a friend move. Out from a first floor flat and into a third floor flat (no lift). Its gonna be a long day.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    mudcow007 wrote:
    well boys and girls

i have a delivery of soil to attend to. 20 tonnes in fact to level my back garden.

Having once had to barrow 20t of gravel one weekend, I can empathise with you and if you haven't rented a mini-digger, perhaps advise you to keep swapping sides with the shovel.

New computer system at work for a "go live" on Monday; weekend to be spent sorting transfer from old one. Bah!
  • changing the chain on the roadie, and sprucing up the MTB to go up for sale....
    AKA Captain Blackbeard
    Going Top to Bottom - E2E for Everyman and Headway - Spet 2013
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Must, must, must, start work on the race car. Every year I say I'm going to start early and be ready ahead of the season and every year it's a last-minute panic to get it finished in time :oops:
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • veronese68
    Must, must, must, start work on the race car. Every year I say I'm going to start early and be ready ahead of the season and every year it's a last-minute panic to get it finished in time :oops:
    I'm sure you know you're not the only one. The number of people I get at this time of year that phone in a panic and say "But I need one, I've got a race in 2 weeks!" when they're chasing some obscure part. I pretend to be sympathetic, yet think they've known that all winter why are they hassling me now.
  • mattsaw
    mattsaw Posts: 907
    Nothing :(

The wife and kids are at my parents before I join them next week. I was hoping for a few beers with mates but they've all buggered-off on holiday :/
    Bianchi C2C - Ritte Bosberg - Cervelo R3
    Strava
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Stripping down the S1 so I can sell the groupset to a chap at work and finally get the frameset in eBay. Also putting my Racing 1 2WFs on eBay.

Sunday I'm off to visit a mate who has just been told she's in remission.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994

Oh the shame.

i Will be - even it means i have to fake illness to get out of going to my father in-laws birthday.

other than that, Saturday will be gardening, followed by much curry and beer. :D
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • meanredspider

Oh the shame.

I like to participate not watch :wink:
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Yukirin
    Yukirin Posts: 231
    today was birthday picnic in the park for my little 3yo knight. Tomorrow I have the a.m. for riding. Got to be back for lunch so the o.h. can attend the gym. *May* see about a first kwheelers ride if boys are up and ready in good time, Otherwise I'll just roll out to the end of my road and see what takes my fancy... Right to Richmond, left to box hill (which I have not actually got to yet as I'm not entirely sure how to get there, and I get distracted by all the little lanes calling me to explore!)
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    Managed to find time for another 40 miles this morning. Shame about the drizzle early on.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,797

Oh the shame.

*facepalm*

The amount of times I get that response on club rides.

Especially from people in a pro-tour team jersey!
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    Today: First Aid course
    Sunday: some carpentry and painting work on one of the cadet unit boats after a trip to Toolstation to pick up my new woodworking tools

Party lifestyle :roll: :lol:
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821

Oh the shame.

*facepalm*

I'm not sure, but are you slating MRS for riding instead of watching riding?
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • meanredspider

Oh the shame.

*facepalm*

Yup - you'll have to explain this one to me. I can name possibly 3 or 4 tour-level road cyclists and I don't own a single bit of "pro-tour" kit. The same is true of motor racing. With the exception of F1 (which is so far removed from what I do, it can hardly be considered the same sport) I hardly watch anything. Occasionally I watch BTCC but nearly always because I'm interested to see the lines they take at certain circuits I race at or because I'm in one of the support races they're broadcasting (vanity, I know). I find bike racing boring because I've never taken the time to learn what's going on. And I really would rather be riding.
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    Saturday: 5 mile run, take daughter to diving, go shopping, agree that everything looks perfect on the wife
    Sunday: wake up at 04:15 to take wife and daughter to heathrow, long cross country ride, long soak in the bath, watch a couple of action flicks.... 2 weeks of this :) not sure how I'll cope...
  • Yukirin
    Yukirin Posts: 231
    opted out of introducing myself to the kwheelers and went on my larry on a 35 mile pootle. Found box hill atlast, was waiting for the steep part... But there isnt one, its just long. So came down and went up it again.
    Deceptively cold though! And those national trust cafe are so expensive! That place must make a fortune!
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Ikea hove into view on Saturday morning. weekend borked.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    family illness/ op to fix it, end of the week. so this weekend was.

Cooking roasts for folks who wanted a sunday roast, and child wrangling, oh and a feck load of driving!
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Mine not quite to plan. Dad came round to help trim/chop hedges and trees at the back of our house - good mornings work, but my dodgy shoulder gave in. Sat afternoon rested (in agony).

Sunday - cleared out garage and tidied the kids old toys (for a car boot sale) - all stacked neatly. I can now get at my bikes and get to my work stand - whoop. Then made a pull out drawer for my daughter's teddies. Bike rack on car - sent big ladders back to the in-laws - they've been cluttering my garage up all winter.

Then de-winterised the MTB - off came the studs (mistake) - realised I'll need new rims by next winter as the struggle getting the spikes off bent the rim (spanner got it straight again). The MTB is now back to summer duties with the 'tag-along' bracket installed.

No ride - shoulder too sore.