Rockshox Reverb

crab claws
crab claws Posts: 24
edited April 2012 in MTB buying advice
Can anyone with a reverb tell me if i need the non MMX or the MMX to fit my avid juicy 3 brakes ? My thoughts are the non MMX however All the cheeper places only stock the MMX type.

Comments

• ricardo_smooth
    ricardo_smooth Posts: 1,281
    none will fit your actual brakes......they will however work next to your brakes
  • JimboM
    JimboM Posts: 380
    Sorry to hi-jack but I'm also looking at getting a Reverb , what's the difference between MMX and non.

Cheers
    Cannondale Synapse 105
    Giant FCR3
    GT Avalanche 3.0
    Canyon Nerve AM 6.0
  • I have looked a bit deeper into this and the mmx is meant to attach onto avid xx brake levers. And the non mmx is a standard type that mounts on the bars. However people say the mmx type will mount on the bars if you remove a small alloy thing on the mmx mount.
  • Those people are right. I bought the MMX one and did just that.

In retrospect, I now wish I'd bought the right hand lever and mounted it upside down on the left side so it would be UNDER the bars rather than over. Just feels more natural for me that way round.

It's not bad or anything, just a very small thing I would change if I could (be bothered).
  • JimboM
    JimboM Posts: 380
    Thanks for the info re MMX

One more silly question, I 'm looking at one of these for my Canyon Nerve AM, I know it's a 30.9mm diameter post but I can't work out if it's a 380 or 420 ! How do I measure the length I need.

Thanks

Jim
    Cannondale Synapse 105
    Giant FCR3
    GT Avalanche 3.0
    Canyon Nerve AM 6.0
  • Welsh_Tom
    Welsh_Tom Posts: 571
    it dont matter what size. (i hope) i orded the 420 for my am. mid size frame.
  • JimboM wrote:
    Thanks for the info re MMX

One more silly question, I 'm looking at one of these for my Canyon Nerve AM, I know it's a 30.9mm diameter post but I can't work out if it's a 380 or 420 ! How do I measure the length I need.

Thanks

Jim

What length is your existing post? and how much of the post do you have sticking out from the frame? I went for the 420mm because the design of my bike means loads of standover and a very long seatpost.
  • simowill
    simowill Posts: 56
    JimboM,

I have a Nerve AM and have a 420mm post. Fits fine and is the size that comes with a nerve if you pick one.

simon
    Canyon Nerve AM 6.0 2011
    Kona Firemountain HT
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    Those people are right. I bought the MMX one and did just that.

In retrospect, I now wish I'd bought the right hand lever and mounted it upside down on the left side so it would be UNDER the bars rather than over. Just feels more natural for me that way round.

It's not bad or anything, just a very small thing I would change if I could (be bothered).

This. this. this. All of this
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • Those people are right. I bought the MMX one and did just that.

This. this. this. All of this

+ 1 (Goddammit!)
  • Silly question. Why not just mount it upsidedown on the other side?
  • crab claws wrote:
    Sill question. Why not just mount it upsidedown on the other side?

Because the "magic button" on the Bionicon has to live on that side.

And because the dropper post remote has always lived on the left on all my bikes. If I was to change it now, it'd be like changing the brakes round or something.