chain guide that lets you runall 3 gears ????

sigorman85
sigorman85 Posts: 2,536
edited April 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
is there a chain guide out there that lets you run all 3 gears at the front? i have seen some that let you use 2 but thats it
When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

De rosa superking 888 di2

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Yes. But not all will work with all bikes and not all work very well. Most people tend to chose their gears so the chain does not unship.

What are you trying to do?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • sigorman85
    trying to save my shins lol ....i would like to keep all gears on the bike but run a chain guide to stop it from coming off it dont happen a lot but when it does i no about it!! and my legs look like i ran a cheese gratter down them ...i have a specialized camber comp 2011 is it possible with this bike?
    When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

• andymc06
    andymc06 Posts: 245
    Have a look at the Bionicon V2.

Works with 3 chainrings. I have recently fitted one to my Trance and it works flawlessly. Went round the Beast at coed-y-brenin without any issues. Didn't notice any resistance and was nice and quiet. You can get them from ebay Germany or e-mail the Bionicon uk rep who will supply you one. Mine cost £40 delivered from ebay Germany.
    If at first you don't succeed, spend some more money on kit!

Giant Trance X3 2011
  • sigorman85
    brilliant andy im on to this now thanks alot

• sigorman85
    wow that works might have a go at this not sure if it would last tho as it would be plastic but good idear and alot cheaper

• bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Its just a rear reflector mount cable tied to the rear mech cable, and i heat shrunk some harder wearing plastic into the bit the chain sits on to reduce noise and wear. Never dropped my chain since!

When it does wear, its just the price of a rear reflector to replace.