WIP - Evil Sovereign

Mark909
Mark909 Posts: 456
edited November 2012 in Your mountain bikes
So i've been eyeing up one of these for ages. When the frame came on sale for half price at CRC i just couldnt resist!

Im slowly building up the components. So far i have..

mysovereign.jpg

I'm hoping to get it built up before the summer!

Comments

• specialeyes
    specialeyes Posts: 542
    Love these frames! You get a few decal colours don't you? What colour you going with? What forks?
  • Mark909
    Going for purple and black combo. Forks are 140mm fox float from my current bike.
  • specialeyes
    specialeyes Posts: 542
    Gonna look sweet!
  • i also couldnt resist the deal, should be arriving wednesday, what colour decals did you get with it?
  • Mark909
    i also couldnt resist the deal, should be arriving wednesday, what colour decals did you get with it?

You should get two sets of decals including blue, red, green, white, silver, purple and another two i cant remember!

The frame comes with pink decals already attached. Make sure you get the two sets however as I only received one set at first and had to contact CRC for the other set that they wouldnt have sent otherwise
  • I only got one set aswell, sounds like something chain reaction needs to sort out.
  • Mark909
    Yeah give them a call and they'll send the other set
  • Mark909
    So my second set of components arrived today.

Deity stem, handlebars and grips. Blackspire stinger and slx front mech.

Sovereigncomponents.jpg

Just need next months pay check now and should be about ready to build!
  • Mark909 wrote:

they said they wouldn't because it's already a good deal so you can expect bits to be missing. They did say that they would send a free seatclamp though.
  • Mark909
    Thats a load of bollocks mate. I think they've fucked up down the line somewhere and have run out of stickers. Call them back and tell them that you bought the frame specifically to do a custom build in certain colours and you havn't received the decals with the colours you wanted. I remember when I called about my missing ones that they offered me a further discount on the frame so see if you can get that if nothing else.
  • warpcow
    warpcow Posts: 1,448
    Mark909 wrote:

they said they wouldn't because it's already a good deal so you can expect bits to be missing. They did say that they would send a free seatclamp though.

Mine didn't come with any at first, and when they did send some certain colours were missing from the sheets. I complained again and got a £10 gift-voucher. I see they have removed mention of decals from the description now. Still, it'd be nice if they stated what it actually does come with then.
  • I was expecting them to send me a cheap seat clamp, got a hope one for free instead.
  • Mark909
    I had to put this build on hold for a while after my car broke and I had to buy a new one.

I've been slowly building these components up over the past few months.

I think that's everything now so will hopefully get it built up within the next few weeks!

IMG_1906_resized.jpg
  • This is going to awesome when built up. I do like a nice bit of colour coding. Really like the Sov frame as well.
  • CraigXXL
    CraigXXL Posts: 1,852
    I know you said slow but hoverboards will be all the rage by the time this built. Come on you eager audience awaits :D
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Lovin' the purple (my frame and forks are purple....) so come on.....
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Mark909
    Evil Striptease deh dehdeh deeeeh. I've got to say after having my first ride on it this morning it's the best looking and best handling mountain bike I've ever ridden not that Im biased or anything!

IMG_1969_reduced.jpg
  • Mark909
    IMG_1970_reduced.jpg
  • Mark909
    IMG_1968_reduced.jpg
  • Mark909
    Some shots in the sunlight. The photographs really don't do the purple colour scheme justice!

IMG_1955_reduced.jpg
  • Mark909
    IMG_1957_reduced.jpg
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Now that looks sweeeeet!

I'm not usually a fan of coloured bars, but that all works really well.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Mark909
    Thanks The Beginner I like it....alot!
  • CraigXXL
    At last. Very nice.
  • Mark909
    Thanks Craig! I had originally planned to learn bike mechanics and build it myself. However after realising it would probably take me another year to do I ended up paying a local mechanic to put it together. I'm chuffed to bits it's a great bike!
  • CraigXXL
    Are those Rampage been run tubeless or not? I really liked them as a tyre but couldn't get them to seal on the rims at all.
  • Wow that really is a thing of beauty ,enjoy it mate just looking at the photos is making me jealous lol
  • Mark909
    CraigXXL wrote:
    Are those Rampage been run tubeless or not? I really liked them as a tyre but couldn't get them to seal on the rims at all.

No they're not tubeless. They're great tyres though. I've always ridden 2.1 so I was worried about the drag. However I havn't found them any harder to peddle and the grip is amazing.
  • Mark909
    Wow that really is a thing of beauty ,enjoy it mate just looking at the photos is making me jealous lol

Cheers mate it took me quite a while to build up with all the components. I had an idea in my head what it would look like but I can't stop drooling over it since I got it lol