Reverb purchase & Rosebikes

JimboM
JimboM Posts: 380
edited April 2012 in MTB buying advice
I'm fed up with b*ggering around lifting and dropping my seatpost by hand so am going to cave and get a Reverb. Rosebikes looks to be the cheapest but has anyone got any experience buying from them re cutoms & duty charges ? Is it pot luck as to whether you get caught and charged ?

Also how is the package sent as from my experience buying from the States, if it's sent via standard mail you are fine but if sent via UPS you can pretty much guarantee getting charged !

Cheers

Jim
Cannondale Synapse 105
Giant FCR3
GT Avalanche 3.0
Canyon Nerve AM 6.0

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I have used them a few times. Not the quickest delivery but deliverys always turn up within a four or five days.
    Have you looked at the Giant contact switch or Specialized command post seat posts or the new X-Fusion dropper?
    They are all good and cheaper. I know a few people who have had problems with the seals in the Reverb
  • JimboM
    warpcow wrote:
    It's in the EU.

I know but I'm sure they'll get you some way :)
    Cannondale Synapse 105
    Giant FCR3
    GT Avalanche 3.0
    Canyon Nerve AM 6.0
  • dusk
    dusk Posts: 583
    I got one from Chainreaction for £185, haven't seen them much cheaper and not from anywhere as well known
    YT Wicked 160 ltd
    Cotic BFe
    DMR Trailstar
    Canyon Roadlite
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    according to the rosesite, they're £271, which is not cheap! loads of uk sites are cheaper, cheapest I can find is £175 from bike-discount.de

http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/a53783 ... html?lg=en

they cannot get you in customs, they're in the EU and all the Vat and what not is included.
  • JimboM
    Just a quick update, it was Bikediscount.de that I was talking about not Rose Bikes - DOH!!

Anyway I ordered 2 Reverbs on Thursday (one for a friend), there was no postage charge and they arrived today. No customs, duty or VAT to pay and despite what they said on their website they even included the bleed kits, result !

So all in a 2012 model, 30.9 x 420mm, 125mm drop MMX post cost £173

HTH

Jim
    Cannondale Synapse 105
    Giant FCR3
    GT Avalanche 3.0
    Canyon Nerve AM 6.0