'Shiftmate' query

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,355
edited March 2012 in Workshop
Anyone used a shift mate on an 10 speed system? if so, which one - I was on the SJS Cycles website and there are a few varieties. I am running a Campag Record 10 set up with an Ambrosio Evolution cassette which fits my Dura Ace wheels (CL). Hard pushed to find a better pair of wheels without spending megabucks. Thing is, the Ambrosio cassette aint that good, I could put a Dura Ace cassette on the hub, but unsure as to the correct shift mate version.
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• pete.whelan
    pete.whelan Posts: 788
    Can't remember which model I got, but it works very well with Campag gearing (10sp) and Shimano cassette (10sp)
    Recipe: shave legs sparingly, rub in embrocation and drizzle with freshly squeezed baby oil.
  • brucey72
    brucey72 Posts: 1,086
    It will be model #1.

I use one on a shimano set up with campag wheel/casette (10sp) and it works very well indeed. Its relatively easy to install and once set up there are no problems with the shifting whatsoever. I would definitely recommend one.

I think there is a guy selling one over on the classified forum for £20 at the moment alternatively you could try this shop

http://www.thetandemshop.com/

I bought mine new from there for £30.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,355
    Thank fellas.

Brucey72 - there is an insect in your box... I slapped my screen with a newspaper, did'nt work.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!