Driedaagse de Panne - Results.

2»

Comments

• inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    With a TT you do ALL the effort yourself. Correct me if I am wrong.

I completely agree. It may not be as exciting to watch as guys beating each other up on the road but in terms of sporting achievement it's impressive.

Maybe it wasn't you Frenchie who was moaning about how Wiggins et al winning races by just being a great TTer, my memory isn't great.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,249
    TTs are properly boring.

There's genuinley only two TTs I've found interesting. Cancellara's 2009 Worlds effort in Switzerland and the 2004 final Tour TT, but only because there was a glimmer of hope Armstrong would fail (and I could only listen to it on the radio, which would have otherwise been a phenomenally dull car journey).
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,221
    TTs are properly boring.

There's genuinley only two TTs I've found interesting. Cancellara's 2009 Worlds effort in Switzerland and the 2004 final Tour TT, but only because there was a glimmer of hope Armstrong would fail (and I could only listen to it on the radio, which would have otherwise been a phenomenally dull car journey).

If only you'd been born before 1989 ;)
  • rick_chasey
    Pross wrote:
    TTs are properly boring.

I was. In '88 ;)
  • Pross wrote:
    TTs are properly boring.

I was. In '88 ;)

Today in 1988!
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Happy Birthday Rick!

But...........but.........you're only 24?

A mere child.
  • rick_chasey
    Tusher wrote:
    Happy Birthday Rick!

But...........but.........you're only 24?

A mere child.

:).
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Just wait though.

Next year, you'll be 40. Don't ask me how it happens, but it does. One moment you're in your mid-twenties with your life before you, the next year, you're forty. You feel exactly the same, mark you. Just a little more interested in pensions.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Tusher wrote:
    Just wait though.

Next year, you'll be 40. Don't ask me how it happens, but it does. One moment you're in your mid-twenties with your life before you, the next year, you're forty. You feel exactly the same, mark you. Just a little more interested in pensions.

I'm close to the four zero. At 20 I thought I knew it all. 20 years later I knew three times as much, but I realised I knew sod all.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Tusher wrote:
    Just wait though.

Next year, you'll be 40...

I will be 40 next year. Not happy about it. :(
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    you bloody kids don't know you're born.

Wait til you're 42 & 3/4. 43 isn't even a landmark.

Strava is not Zen.
  • rick_chasey
    RichN95 wrote:
    Tusher wrote:
    Just wait though.

I'm close to the four zero. At 20 I thought I knew it all. 20 years later I knew three times as much, but I realised I knew sod all.

I don't think I know it all.

I know I know it all. :wink: