Drop seatpost

crab claws
crab claws Posts: 24
edited March 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi i am thinking about getting a drop seatpost. Been looking at the ks i950 and the rock shox reverb anyone got any good or bad feed back on them? Also anyone know of anywhere doing deals on then?

Comments

• VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    once you get one you'll never go back!
    I have a Joplin, but i can see the reverb etc are better. never tried the KS ones.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • crab claws wrote:
    Hi i am thinking about getting a drop seatpost. Been looking at the ks i950 and the rock shox reverb anyone got any good or bad feed back on them? Also anyone know of anywhere doing deals on then?

I have a KS and its fantastic, I'm a big lump and it copes with my size no problem. To be fair I keep my bikes spick and span (after a ride of course) so dirt is never an issue for me, I know with posts other than the Reverb I think I have seen issues of reliability if they aren't kept clean.
    My biggest fear is that should I crash, burn and die, my Wife would sell my stuff based upon what I told her I paid for it.
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    Reverb.
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • bellys
    bellys Posts: 456
    Iv just got a new Joplin 3 off eBay for £70 not tryed it yet.
  • Only managed 1 ride on my Reverb so far, but I have to say I'm pretty impressed.

It seems to have a much smoother operating feel to it then the Joplins, Gravity droppers and KSs I've owned before. I also like that you can adjust the return speed.

The seat clamp is a much better design than that god-awful one on the Joplin.

The fact I picked mine up for just under £200 from CRC and there are plenty of other bargains about is another bonus. I've not had to service yet, and I suspect this may be where it falls down slightly when compared to the Gravity dropper which is a much more simple design. Shouldn't make too much difference though.
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    Literally just installed a Reverb! Can't wait to take it for a ride later. Looks like a decent bit of kit.

Got mine for £175 on bike-discount.de :D (125mm 30.9)
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • sandy771
    sandy771 Posts: 368
    Love my reverb and if i had to choose between any of the upgrades I have on my bike this is the number one.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Reverb.

It's the best.

Yes I have had others and the Reverb now resides where they did.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    Literally just installed a Reverb! Can't wait to take it for a ride later. Looks like a decent bit of kit.

Got mine for £175 on bike-discount.de :D (125mm 30.9)

Just got in from first shred with the Reverb on the bike...by far the best upgrade so far. Just makes the ride so much more fun :lol:
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • Felix that sounds like a great price for a reverb. Was buying from bike Discount trouble free? I am always a bit wary of buying from abroad.
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    crab claws wrote:
    Felix that sounds like a great price for a reverb. Was buying from bike Discount trouble free? I am always a bit wary of buying from abroad.

I got mine for 162 from CRC
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2