Thursday Morning Thread. Nearly There...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited March 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Morning f**ktards!

Well, last night I consumed alcohol in a public establishment. Probably too much really, I'm not quite 100% today. I then went to Hot Librarians house which was fun as her leg is no longer in plaster.
Had good fun walking through a park on the way to her house (she caught the train with a friend, I went got food and met her). It was pitch black, I wandered off the path, and stacked it over a bin. I'm covered in grazes now :lol: It was so dark, I couldn't really see the offending article whilst lieing on the grass! :lol:

Anywho's, more tea is needed.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Morning Clumpetts
    Just watched Danny Hart, Hart and soul, pretty good watching that.

Today i have a small job then off to a bike shop to pick up my spoke, and then to pick up No2 and take her to a hearing test where the doctor (last time) was incredibly easy on the eye. :wink:

May make it out on the bike if the wife gives me a pass tonight, but rode tuesday night, didnt finish work tilll gone 8 last night so may be pushing it a little?

Anywhoo onwards to caffine and sliced fried pig!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    What up, window lickers,

Last working day of the week, thankfully. This a bonus. Funeral tomorrow, however, which is a bit of downer. So, I've got a shoot load of work to plough through this morning including sorting expences and sorting some info for a meeting later on today. All pretty dull.

However, seeing as it is the last woring day of the week, there should bacons and hash browns in the verynear. Plus coffee. Coffee will make the work seem a better place. So very much better.

Nothing bike related to report, apart from Cannock should be visited over the weekend - providing the local pikeys and chavs, divs and spivs actually leave some frikkin diesel in the pumps.

Onwards! (see above!)
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • thekickingmule
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Today i have a small job then off to a bike shop to pick up my spoke, and then to pick up No2 and take her to a hearing test where the doctor (last time) was incredibly easy on the eye. :wink:
    You know the rules. POIDH ;)
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    You know the rules. POIDH ;)

yep pic needed........ though TBH didn't get a pic of those two auditors here yesterday - ding dong the pair of them, one of the lads in the warehouse said to me as we went past "I want your job" :)
  • tlw1
    today everything is good, borrowed a car, so roof off & wail of a flat six the whole way :)

Work will be a car crash, but the drive home will make life good again
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    Morning advertisers and grumbling frame builders

Another nice day out there and another day stuck in the office, booooo

Wheel is in for trueing and should hopefully be finished on Friday, if not I'm screwed, booked in to b&b's at CyB and Llandegla Friday and Saturday respectively so can't back out. Might have to build up the blue pig and ride with a dodgy left crank (bent), got to wait till next month to be able to afford a new set, muchos frustration!

Mule, hot librarian> POIDH
    VW> POIDH

some people are slacking here, all it takes is some commuters moaning about scantly clad females and there is a lack clunge posted up!
  • VWsurfbum
    Yes i will do my best, may be tricky, and if i dont return you know i got arrested trying :lol:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Turned the TV on to find some police chasing fuckwits and mongs in stolen cars. Might do some uni work today, possibly pop up to Cannock if I can be bothered but it's not looking likely, don't know what's wrong with me... just lacking any motivation. At the very least think I need to get out somewhere locally at least.

Pub this evening. Sorted.

Laters
  • tlw1
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Yes i will do my best, may be tricky, and if i dont return you know i got arrested trying :lol:

drug her first?
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Morning Bumhats.

Got my new muddy mary's this morning, gotta fit them at lunch in the works car park for this evenings ride. much excited to see how the profile and super soft compound ride.

And should have tomorrow off to enjoy the last day of sunshine.

Later nipple noses.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

still got this stinking cold, i went to the gym this morning and just sat in the steam room for half an hour to see if i could sweat it out...it hasn't worked! gutted as thursdays are the usual ride night and all the lads have already text me saying they're going out :(

but on the plus side, i've lost a stone since the end of jan :D i'm really chuffed with that, another 1 to go 8)

have a good day bumders and bumettes
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Morning scuttlers

Last day of the week for me, but 10 hours to go. Seems ukbikestore are waiting for stock of my brake lever, even though yesterday they were in stock, just hoping now that tredz have some so I can fix it tomorrow then go for a spin.

Laterz
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    well thank you very much David Cameron you f**king moron.

No diesel at any of the garages between work and home, how the f**k am I going to drive 275 miles on a tank of air?
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    Mornin 'mo's...

Today is good... took half a day off yesterday to fix the mrs horsebox - all went great, mega brownie points = bike bits to purchase with no 'tutting' or 'why do you need that for'.

Woke this morning and had a weigh-in <10st, last time I weighed that much was 25 years ago, finally shaking the cold off too....

Long ride home tonight, meeting the boys on the way for a tear up, then on to the pub for 'start the weekend beers'

And its not even the weekend yet!
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'ning
    Went to bed grumpy, woke up grumpy. Got a text at 8ish wishing me a good morning, that I have a fantastic day and reminding me that I am, in fact, awesome. Commence better mood.
    Usual day for me, and need to finish packing for the weekend.
    Sonisphere has been cancelled :x Means I have money to spend on biking stuff :)
    Congrats Welshkev!

Kisses
    FoxC

PS You're all awesome...

even you.
  • Thewaylander
    foxc_uk wrote:
    '
    Kisses
    FoxC

PS You're all awesome...

even you.

Lies i'm an evil grumpy old bast......
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    foxc_uk wrote:
    'ning

Congrats Welshkev!

Kisses
    FoxC

PS You're all awesome...

even you.

thank you and i know i'm awesome :wink::lol:
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    welshkev wrote:
    on the plus side, i've lost a stone since the end of jan :D i'm really chuffed with that, another 1 to go 8)

Nice going.

I've just had a visit from the god squad, humoured them for a few minutes then got bored, just shows how dull uni work is at the moment.

To be fair on them they were better than the usual old knobs, they actually wanted a conversation instead of trying to bore me to death... had a nice enough little chat, they talked about some "Jesus" bloke. Went slightly downhill after they enquired what I actually did. They left quickly after I mentioned a few of the gory details :twisted:
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    Morning gunts,

'tis my Friday today, but did work from 8am - 11.30pm yesterday, so pretty shattered! Tomorrow will consist of allowing a rather hot tattooist lady stab me repeatedly with needles for 7 hours. Then out on the bike all weekend.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,419
    Morning (just) Goons,

I've had a wonderful morning doing the annual clean out of the pump & filter on the fish pond. Which means sticking my hands into several kg's of mature fish guano and rotted plants :( All cleaned up now and supping coffee though. Fancy some stir fry for lunch, then its off to watch junior's Easter school play (yawn). Might get my hair cut later on as I'm off to a Stiff Little Fingers gig tomorrow night and don't want to look like a long haired hippy for that.

Also saw dozens of morons queueing for petrol at the local station when a strike's at least a week away even if it does happen :roll:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thekickingmule
    Kaise wrote:

some people are slacking here, all it takes is some commuters moaning about scantly clad females and there is a lack clunge posted up!
    The only photos I have of her would get me banned from the forum!
    I know I'd leave on a good note, but sod that :lol:
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Had a nice-ish ride to work today. Slighty bothered that my old Marzocchi 55s would die at any moment. Was fascinated to find that the totally bonkers roadworks goings-on that's spreading everywhere like a rash recently (9 mile car journey to work, 7 seperate sets of roadworks, WTF??) has actually extended to the cycle paths as well, with 3 sections closed off.
    Ah well. Still in a fairly good mood after passing a woodpecker, a steamtrain, the docks, and the forest on the way to work. Such a lovely morning I took the longer way round.

All in all I feel so chilled that I suspect someone dropped an e in my tea.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,419
    Kaise wrote:

The only photos I have of her would get me banned from the forum!
    I know I'd leave on a good note, but sod that :lol:
    Take some more then. If she let you take some 'hamburger' shots, then a few half decent photos won't be a problem. Otherwise we'll have to assume that she wears antlers in the springtime :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    foxc_uk wrote:
    'ning
    Got a text at 8ish wishing me a good morning, that I have a fantastic day and reminding me that I am, in fact, awesome

Kisses
    FoxC

PS You're all awesome...

even you.

You'd have been even grumpier if I've broke in and whispered "youre awesome" in your ear.

Oh and I presume the even you in my case should read especially you.

Kev, well done mate, although I won't be meeting you for a ride if you get to slim and fast and show me up, why do you think I introduced bails to a woman who loves baking?
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    good day team, in the eyes of the RAF i am officially fit for another six months, so celebrated with a bacon butty and a lap of the pines on my recently fettled but still squeaking 5.

Beautiful day out there, just hope summer doesn't come too soon coz then it will be rainy and miserable, much like the commuting forum!

Bike to clean, garden to admire and magners to drink suhweet!

ps neighbourhood cats are using my garden as a toilet, how many can i kill before i get in bother?
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    bg13 wrote:
    good day team, in the eyes of the RAF i am officially fit for another six months, so celebrated with a bacon butty and a lap of the pines on my recently fettled but still squeaking 5.
    Hmm, that reminds me. The squeak from the DU bushes on the rear shock on my bike has vanished over winter. Curious.
  • Thewaylander
    bg13 wrote:
    Hmm, that reminds me. The squeak from the DU bushes on the rear shock on my bike has vanished over winter. Curious.

Thats just because they have disintergrated, have no fear :p it will still work.
  • VWsurfbum
    Had hot doctor fail :evil: Seems she was replaced by two pantomime dames :evil:

On the Upside No2 can hear strange noises through headphones, something that i could of told them :?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    come on friday, hurry up, don't be shy!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er