New steel steed: Genesis Altitude 30

Comments

• Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    There is my bikes section by the way,

Very uhm skinny, not convinced steel is at all the way anymore though, particularly from big brand manfacturers.
  • Charcoal
    Charcoal Posts: 18
    Mmm I noticed after posting so I added a couple of extra photos!

It's only a 2.05kg frame, about 500g heavier than aluminiums but worth it imo. What have you got against big brand manufacturers? Unless you go to an actual frame builder you're almost certain to get a frame made in taiwan anyway, and honestly there's nothing wrong with that, they're highly skilled and weld frames day in and day out passing all the customary QC tests. If it's good enough for Trek Giant and Specialized it's good enough for me too.
    Very similar geometry to the legendary soul, and same steel!

I love the suble small tube look of steelys personally, but then I guess I wouldn't have bought it if I didn't :lol:
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Charcoal wrote:
    Mmm I noticed after posting so I added a couple of extra photos!

It's only a 2.05kg frame, about 500g heavier than aluminiums but worth it imo. What have you got against big brand manufacturers? Unless you go to an actual frame builder you're almost certain to get a frame made in taiwan anyway, and honestly there's nothing wrong with that, they're highly skilled and weld frames day in and day out passing all the customary QC tests. If it's good enough for Trek Giant and Specialized it's good enough for me too.
    Very similar geometry to the legendary soul, and same steel!

I love the suble small tube look of steelys personally, but then I guess I wouldn't have bought it if I didn't :lol:

As in I don't think steel is worth having unless it is hand built for you, custom measuresed otherwise i feel other materials are just superior in every way.