The Wahhhhndsday Morning Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited March 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Morning all!

Well, I went out for a lass's birthday last night after work, and drank just the right amount to not be hungover this morning, but not feel perfect. Quite a good night out really. Had a laugh and talked to some new people at work (one of who I think I have successfully scared :D )
Today, more work, and then I think I'm going out with Hot Librarian, we shall see.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• Morning homos.

Work, then parents evening at kids school.

Rock 'n' roll!
  • Morning Whammers!

Off to tesco for coffee and breakfast on a budget and then on with the day! Still, planning a trip to the Forest of Dean this afternoon so could be worse :lol:

¡Adios!
    Very funny Scotty, now beam me down my clothes.
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    looks like the blimmin sun is out again! bring me rain so i have an excuse to be a miserable get!

off to pick up the bike after the LBS have fettled her, might find some other goodies get bought as well. need foods, need drinks.

got an afternoon of drinking on friday, golf themed, bottle of beer=par three (to be drunk in three swigs) pint=par four, pint and a shot=par five. think it could be very messy with a very early finish thrown in for good measure!

laters chums
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Morning Chimps and Chimpettes,
    Long day yesterday down in Tewksbury, i seem to spend a lot of time there nowadays, but noticed its not too far from FOD so will take bike (once working properly) on the next meeting down there.
    Did night ride last night on 26" wheels, with big fat jumpy tyres on there, god i feel it today! Hopefully my new spoke will arrive today and i can get my proper sized wheels fixed.

Today will be filling in gaps and answering lots of questions and hopefully organising an interview before friday as i'm off for 2 weeks come friday night.

Anywhoo 2nd pot of coffee is being consumed and new minion owes me bacons!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Feck, cycled in this morning & still can't feel my hands and feet!

Last nights birthday meal for the wife worked and she is now talking to me again. For todays fun, yet, yet, yet again legal/audit type people.

Laters
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Knackered today. Staying in waiting for some paving slabs to be delivered, doing some uni work/watching TV most of the day then. Bikes will resume tomorrow.

Laters
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Morning scuttlers

Anyone, anyone at all doing the fod ride? Got 10 hours with the massive prick that I had yesterday instructing me. Monday I was doing fantastically according to the instructor I had and he couldn't believe how much info I've picked up over a route uber driven twice, the guy yesterday basically treated me like scum because I couldn't name every minute detail on the route and refused to drive in the manner he wanted me to drive and was not happy when I pointed out that I was there to learn the route, not how to drive a train as I've been doing that almost ten years. This means today is going to be hellish until 7 tonight

Hoping my brake lever gets dispatched today so I can sort that on Friday

Oh and VW if youre ever heading down FOD give us a shot, it may be one of my rare and random days off
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'ning
    Can't be fecked with work.
    Later I will be packing and prepping for a weekend in the Lakes.

And maybe shopping for slicks for the Deathbike. And possibly working on a blog idea.

Kisses
    FoxC
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,457
    Morning Wasters,

Feeling lazy today so will go for a swim later and do a bit of fettling on my skis before I pack them away in the loft 'till next season. Grass is growing like it's on speed so may have to do a bit of hacking in the garden (yawn).

Hope your day's as exciting as mine...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    GAZ: I don't think I can make fod as I'm supposed to be working at the nursery! The local club are going up there Sunday as well do keep an eye out for all the guys wearing halfwayup mtb tops.

I have a stinking cold today, I'm sat in my van with the heating on full blast trying to sweat out it out!!!

Laters
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Morning all.

Today is meh, half a wisdom tooth fell off last night, can't get in the dentist until tomorrow at 5.45pm and I'm supposed to be driving to Keldy on Friday.

The new IT system also classes the on-one site as 'Weapons' so I'm not even going to bother trying any other sites.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Evening all.

good Ride round Cwm last night, today is play SWTOR day after work, and tomorrow social ride day loving the sun, but she will start to hide come the weekend most sad :(

Anyone who wants rain is crazy or lives in London and must be thirsty :P luckily here in Wales we have plenty of water stored so ner ner.
  • bg13
    so half an hour drive to the bike shop, its not ready and won't be till tomorrow, its a minor service you freaks!
    another LBS that is off the list, whats up with em!

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    I wouldn't really call a 30 minute drive an LBS, not really 'local' ;)
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Gazlar wrote:
    Morning scuttlers

Got 10 hours with the massive prick that I had yesterday instructing me.

If you had it yesterday, surely it's someone else's turn now am sure foxc could make us of a passive mrick for a few hours, maybe not ten though....
    All hail the FSM and his noodly appendage!
  • bg13
    wouldn't really call a 30 minute drive an LBS, not really 'local' ;)

its close to where i ride, blimmin bumders!

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • VWsurfbum
    Gazlar wrote:
    Oh and VW if youre ever heading down FOD give us a shot, it may be one of my rare and random days off
    Yep will do, maybe next week, but not sure i will call/email/text/FB/PM or genrally stalk to let you know. :wink:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:
    Yep will do, maybe next week, but not sure i will call/email/text/FB/PM or genrally stalk to let you know. :wink:

Ok, cant promise I'm about but depends if I'm being instructed and who I've got, or failing that what shifts I'm on.

Oh and cheers Welshkev.

Bicyclepirate, I've tried everything on this giant prick, jabbing it in the eye with a chip fork, rubbing it with a chilli, slamming it in a heavy bibleand hitting it with a cold spoon.......It wont go down, even when i saw fully-mongs mum undressing
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Aaah fucc. is it only Wednesday?
    Balls.
  • VWsurfbum
    Aaah fucc. is it only Wednesday?
    Balls.
    Plus alphabet shaped potato's
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Evenin' Poop-deck pirates

Now back from travels. Paris was sunny and full of BSOs and drivers with zero ability but ambition in spades, so it gave the roads a certain focussed lethality, especailly if you had to cross the f*****g things. In terms of pedestrian friendliness, it rates up there with 'minefield' and 'punji-stick farm'.

Shock lesson - not all Parisians are rude and c*****h.

I however, still am. So f**k 'em.

...with big sticks.

Sideways.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.