Munday, bluddy Munday........Mornin

Gazlar
Gazlar Posts: 8,084
edited March 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Scuttlers

Time for work, then drop in to lbs for urgent bike parts . Going to learn my way up to Rhymney this week.

As the official thread is a bit empty, who's doing the fod ride on Sunday?
Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
Amy
Farnsworth
Zapp

Comments

• Morning,

Today should be a good day, ordering myself 2 new rides when the Scott rep shows up and expecting a visit from Nick Craig either today or Thursday in the new shop. Should really do a few services before ordering my stuff but we will see!

To coffee!
    Custom spec Scott Scale
    Custom spec Salsa Fargo
    Custom spec Scott CR1
    Scott Speedster S1
  • Monday has returned to ruin a great weekend :( severe lack of bike time expected this week, meh.
    However, weekend was so good I should survive to Friday in a good mood.
    Today I will be spending the day in a workshop, unfortunately not the kind with tools, so it's marker pens all around.
    Train driver is taking some chances here he's doing line speed in fog so thick there's no way he can see the signals, luckily it's the local so it stops every few min. No Pepsi at the station this morning and line for coffee way to long so I'm drinking irn bru in preparation for my day out in Glasgow later this week.

I feel I may be back rather a lot today due to boredom.

Over
    All hail the FSM and his noodly appendage!
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' bags-of-mostly-water

Well, this is a rhum do - it was dark on the ride in this morning.

The weekend went well - stuff got achieved and a good time was had by many, depsite bikes not featuring. I ache like a barsteward now though! It was nice to see everyone else struggle with the clock change.

Lots of practical shizzle to get done this morning, followed by a couple of meetings, then two days in Paris at a conference / semnar/ trade show. Sucks to be me, eh?

Onwards! To coffee! And large cutting machines!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Train driver is taking some chances here he's doing line speed in fog so thick there's no way he can see the signals,

As the crudcatcher rail correspondent it's my job to reassure you.signals follow a sequence and aren't random like tragic lights, they also have an audiable notification too, as long as he's running on greens and responds to the first cautionary aspect, you'll be fine.
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    morning team,

bloke coming to measure for carpets, a trailer full of rubbish to empty and some general stuff to be done, then got a sort of night shift, gonna be reet pooped!

ordered some bike related things from crc so got that delivery to look forward to, i hope!

laters X
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    meh, work very meh, feet after yesterdays run, blistered meh. General feeling here is meh
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning freaks

Got fark all to do today. Playing a bit of fifa on teh playstation. Going to Cannock later to play bikes. Winner.

Laters
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Morning,
    Got meeting later with my new boss to introduce myself and explain what the feck it is i do.
    I also have to work on my CV as i have to apply for my own Job by wednesday and i'm out all day tomorrow.

New bike is bloody Jinxed! every time i fix one thing someting else breaks. Broke a spoke yesterday on my CB wheels, it instantly pringled and a long walk back to a car park to picked up insued.

Onwards to Caffine!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Someone fetch one some bloody bacon pronto.

Today is paperwork day. Well, technically it is 'last 3 weeks paperwork which I haven't bothered getting round to yet' day. Although this will be far from fun, apparently I must ensure that the minions get paid.

That said, an early skive is on the cards to fetch at least one new bike and to decide which one will get taken out tomorrow.
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'ning
    Bloody lovely weekend ruined by the fact that it isn't long enough. Although, if I'm honest, I could have gone without the tequila.
    AOC not in today, training on equality and diversity later. Weetabix has been consumed, which is a test to see if I've developed an allergy to it.
    Yoga tonight, then home to clear up the mess after the panic-bake yesterday, and start prepping my bike and stuff ready for next weekend.

Right, better go see some students.
    Kisses
    FoxC
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    Morning protruders...

Knackered this morning, but happy... rode my 1st National XC at Sherwood Sun, despite starting waaaaaaaaaaaaay at the back managed a fairly respectable 43rd. I think the new 'fcuk me that's light' 29er at 19.8lbs helped a lot...mega chinese buffet & several Peronis were consumed after...

This morning will consist of drinking coffee and poncing around on the internet for as long as poss before contemplating actual work
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Hey Crudmunchers!
    I am not well today. temperature of 39.1, raging sh*ts that not even the mighty imodium can stop.
    Still at work though as If I go home all hell will break loose.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • S'up homos!

Had physio this morning, been told I don't need to go anymore. I've got some excercises to do at home, and once I can comfortably do all of those, I can make an appt with my surgeon to get back on the MTB.

This is put me in a very good mood.

Now trying to decide if I should return the red pedals I bought and swap them for some black ones, or if I should just keep them as nobody will see them when I'm on the bike anyway.

Also waiting for my reverb to arrive from CRC, and my jacket.

Laters
  • DF33
    DF33 Posts: 732
    Aye tagnuts

Missed out on a ride yesterday so going out in half an hour on the road bike for a while. Sod working.

Roughly finished the wheel jig yesterday, needs grinding up and painting though. Made a nice pair of wheels for the roady. Mountain bike wheels next!

IMG_0513.jpg
    Peter
  • castlelad
    castlelad Posts: 414
    'ning pink pole polishers.

Last day off today, back to work tonight, not looking forward to it, 2 of the lads got ran over on saturday night, feels abit :( , one's in a bad way, suspected broken back,ribs,eye socket, fractured skull, other broken leg , various cuts etc,

As for today, just had bacons, going wash the mong, double check the dust caps are still on, going watch "this morning" and shout abuse at "queen of the milk beasts" holly willoboobie ! :lol: .
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Well sod going to Cannock, spent a bit too long on fifa and now can't be bothered, going to go pedal out and away from Burtonland and play in the woods. Well, maybe I will this afternoon, right now I'm trying to sort out my itunes library. I only have about 200GB of music :roll:

DF33 looks good that, if you don't mind me asking how much has it cost you to make?
  • cazmotron
    cazmotron Posts: 161
    Morning Jizz moppers

A good days riding was had at Glentress on Saturday. Seem to have unlocked something in my head and now my jumping has come on leaps and bounds (pun fully intended). Had to help my mate move on sunday but as bacons were supplied all was good.
    Laters weirdos
    Attention all planets of the Solar Federation - We have assumed control.
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Morning losers!

Back to work for me, which so far has consisted of over 120 emails (which isn't bad really) and a rather depressing feeling. I should really win the lottery, I think I deserve it.
    I might go for a ride tonight if I can be bothered, or I might do a bit of fettling. Minion mentioned making another cup of tea, not sure where she's gone though, but I'm thirsty damnit!

Laters
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • AndyBeast
    AndyBeast Posts: 179
    Late good morning cheeswands.

2nd week of paternity leave for me, only been up for about an hour but have been up fro most of the night too.

She's getting grumpy so she needs changing / feeding / winding / picking up / putting down / sleep (still not sure what quite all the cries and screams mean yet!!)
  • AndyBeast wrote:
    Late good morning cheeswands.

2nd week of paternity leave for me, only been up for about an hour but have been up fro most of the night too.

She's getting grumpy so she needs changing / feeding / winding / picking up / putting down / sleep (still not sure what quite all the cries and screams mean yet!!)

IME, a lot of them just mean "Just reminding you that you're my bltch, and will be for at least another 18yrs"
  • DF33
    DF33 Posts: 732
    Angry Bird wrote:
    DF33 looks good that, if you don't mind me asking how much has it cost you to make?

Steel was offcuts so nothing.
    Index levers for clamping sliding arm were £20 for the pair at trade. (quality German levers so expensive. Thought as I am using it I'd make it easy to use.

So £20 all in. If I'd used wing nuts instead of the levers it all would have cost nothing.

It's heavy so rock solid to use, doesn't wobble or deflect and the spokes 'twang' nicely when plucked whilst building.

Took most of yesterday to knock up but well worth it. Just the colour to decide now..
    Peter
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Well i have applied for my job.

Wife had a phone call from her boss to say you didnt get the job that we didnt advertise and gave to the girl you helped out on the last interview! Good moods all round tonight
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty