AG2R Lack Of Wins

LeicesterLad
LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
edited March 2012 in Pro race
http://inrng.com/2012/03/2012-team-wins-march/#more-7747

Good article from Inner Ring on the fact that Ag2R are lacking in victories. Is this down to the fact that Nico Roche (I like him but..) is one of the biggest underachievers in the peloton? Where did that boy get his GC rider status from?

Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    5777542917_a19e047cc3_b.jpg?t=1332690044
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Where did that boy get his GC rider status from?

His dad?
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    It's been discussed before, but I really think it would be better if Nico Roche forgot about GC ambitions and just went for stage wins in Grand Tours. I imagine it's tough carrying the expectations of that name but he looks to me like the kind of guy who should have won a few GT stages by this point in his career, but seems either him or his team would rather go for 10th on GC though. Guess it's down to needing the ranking points, a sad truth of modern cycling.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Cumulonimbus
    Cumulonimbus Posts: 1,730
    What caused Roche to pull out of Catalonia? Stages 4, 5 and 7 looked to be good stages for him being small group sprints with no big sprinters there.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    So near, yet so far.
    Rinaldo Nocentini only lost by a nose, yesterday. :oops:

The mighty BMC only have Cadel's 6km, half stage ITT to their name, so far this season.
    Given their squad, I'd say their lack of wins was more glaring.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    So near, yet so far.
    Rinaldo Nocentini only lost by a nose, yesterday. :oops:

The mighty BMC only have Cadel's 6km, half stage ITT to their name, so far this season.
    Given their squad, I'd say their lack of wins was more glaring.

You are right about that, as far as superteams go, BMC have had the most dreadful of starts, Thor Ill, Gilbert Out of form and dental issues, Cadel said his off season was too busy - its just a mess. Quickstep however....