Cheapo mini pump.. Anyone tried?

wakou
wakou Posts: 165
edited March 2012 in The bottom bracket
Ridic cheap, and I don't expect miracles, but has anyone tried these? If they work AT ALL, might be handy to have on the pub bike, and not worry about teefs?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MINI-HIGH-PRE ... 217wt_1165
"I had righteous got my wheel backmost from a fettlin' at the LBS and was hunt transport to equitation it. As it was Refrigerated in the AM......"

Comments

• Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    I reckon it'll do the job ok. I bought one for 99p last year from Sports direct in the boxing day sales lol and it was crap to be fair but for 99p who cares? This one though does look better.
  • CYCLESPORT1
    CYCLESPORT1 Posts: 471
    You might get 45psi in them :roll:
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    You might get 45psi in them :roll:

lol. I'd take the "High Pressure" claim with a pinch of salt too! :lol:

Pocket sized CO2 inflator for me wins out
  • Better to get a £3.99 one from Decathlon. At least they are a reputable company.
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    Great idea until you need a reliable pressure. Which these in all probability don't provide.

C02 pumps and cartridges can be had cheap enough and are easy to store.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Better to get a £3.99 one from Decathlon. At least they are a reputable company.

Always better to get something that doesn't work from a reputable company rather than a disreptuable one! 90% of mini pumps made by reputable companies don't appear to work (if this forum is anything to go by). Hence the inevitable recommendations for the Leyzne mini pumps and one other I forget.
    C02 pumps and cartridges can be had cheap enough and are easy to store.

Except that you still need a decent mini pump as well for when the cartridges don't work.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,957
    Surely the pub bike is something you just shrug your shoulders and keep pedalling home when you get a flat? Isn't that the idea of a worthless pub bike?!
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Actually, you'd be better off with an old fashioned Zefal frame pump. Can get those for less than a fiver and they are much easier and quicker to get a useable pressure than a mini pump.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,393
    I ve been stung by them before (especially zefal actually), properly left in the lurch a few times - Worth getting one that you KNOW will get you home!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver