Cannondale Pressfit BB30 with Campy Crankset

hsolano
hsolano Posts: 12
edited March 2012 in Workshop
Hello,

Does anyone know how I can fit a Campy crankset with the 2012 Cannondale Evo pressfit BB30? My LBS is telling me that the frame has a pressfit BB30 for shimano, and it won't fit my campy 11s crankset. Can I just use the Campy 68x46 ULTRA-TORQUE™ OS-FIT™ INTEGRATED CUPS? Thanks for any feedback.

Comments

• hsolano
    ...or does any one have any experience running the Cannondale Hollowgram SL crankset with Campy 11s components?
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Use the Campagnolo BB30 cups - nothing further needed. FWIW Shimano don't have anything to do with BB30 but there are a few aftermarket adaptors around that allow you to use Shimano cranks in a BB30 frame - your LBS don't sound to be technically competent either.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    What he said ^

The point of BB30 is that it's BB30, regardless of manufacturer. There's no such thing as 'pressfit BB30 for shimano'. The Campy BB30 adaptor cups should work absolutely fine, but i'd get another bike shop to install them cos your LBS sound like they might damage something :-P
  • hsolano
    nweststeyn wrote:
    What he said ^

The point of BB30 is that it's BB30, regardless of manufacturer. There's no such thing as 'pressfit BB30 for shimano'. The Campy BB30 adaptor cups should work absolutely fine, but i'd get another bike shop to install them cos your LBS sound like they might damage something :-P

Nweststeyn, So my cannondale frame with a pressfit BB30 does not contain any bearings. The bearings are in the campy PFBB30 cups and all I need to do is install the cups? I'm not familiar how this whole thing works, and that is why I'm confused. I was also told that by another LBS around, that I could get an aftermarket sleeve that would let me installed the campy crankset. However, I been reading that people who do this, they experiance some noise coming from their BB later on. I'm spending a lot of $$$ on this setup, and I really don't want to have to deal with noise or things not working correctly later on. Thank you for your feedback!
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Most frames come bare i.e. without headset or bottom bracket. The Campagnolo cups are pressed into the frame as the bearings are already fitted to the crank spindle.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • hsolano
    thank you Monty Dog! I'm going to try the PF campy cups, if not I'll do the plastic sleeve and hope that it won't make noise. If not, I'm going to have to give up my campy crankset and go to the Cannondale Hollowgram SL crankset.

What are you riding with? It sounds like you are Campy fan! I'm not sure how it is in the UK, but here in California, I always have to defend myself for wanting to stick with Campy. :-) But it's worth it, I've never riding anything else. The best!