Chainreaction rip off

chuffa
chuffa Posts: 25
edited May 2012 in MTB general
Just received some new gear I ordered last week from this lot, goods ok but they have charged me full price and not applied the discounts which they advertised on line and they are ignoring my emails.
Won't be using them again!

Comments

• loddrik
    loddrik Posts: 129
    Your loss, been using chain reaction for nearly 7 years with hundreds of transactions, they are absolutely the best around. To base your pretty dramatic conclusion on one transaction is a little sad and pathetic. If its that much of a problem, just return it, can't really see the problem...
  • loddrik
    loddrik Posts: 129
    I suspect you must have an agenda here...
  • plugp7
    plugp7 Posts: 298
    Not too cuffed then chuffa. See what I did there?
    Been using then for over 5 years now. Nowt but praise from me.
    I wonder why you did not abort your purchase when you realised that the discount was not applied and then give them a ring?
    Perhaps you just cocked up your order.
    Cotic Soul 26 inch. Whyte T130
  • add595
    add595 Posts: 196
    I'l give you £5 for the lot posted
    2009 Giant Trance X5
    Kinesis Decade Virsa custom build
    Pinnacle Peak 700c hybrid road rat
    Various other parts 'n' projects
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    edited March 2012
    And you are selling what?

Edit - I am not a moron. This was orginally posted in Sales of MTB etc.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • alanp1984
    alanp1984 Posts: 61
    loddrik wrote:
    If its that much of a problem, just return it, can't really see the problem...

Totally agree with this, send the gear back if you're not happy. End of. No point bad-mouthing a company if they haven't even had a chance to rectify the situation.. I'll improve on the "fiver" offer. I'll give you £7 if you pay postage :)
  • Sorry to influence this even further but......... £7.32 posted!!!!!
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Surely you can see what you are paying before you submit your payment? Caveat emptor.
  • ^ what he said, althought I don't know what caveat emptor means.
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    You Muppet. Look what you're paying for and how much you're paying for it before you buy it. And if you are incapable of doing that send it back when you receive it.
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • felix.london
    ^ what he said, althought I don't know what caveat emptor means.

Me neither... :oops:

Trek Session 8
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    "Let the buyer beware". Usually used in reference to the quality of the goods mind.
  • felix.london
    nice. I like it...

"[Latin, Let the buyer beware.] A warning that notifies a buyer that the goods he or she is buying are "as is," or subject to all defects"

..all defects that is except someone like the OP.. :wink:

Trek Session 8
  • and they are ignoring my emails

Wondering what sort of time frame qualifies as 'ignore mode activated'?

CRC are known for being highly popular, (which translates as busy all the freakin time) so I wouldn't be flipping out just yet, if say, you only waited 2 or 3 days so far.

Like others have said, they are a pretty good option with decent deals and a fairly efficient service. They are also easy in terms of returning items too which is always a bonus. My only advice is avoid using them near Christmas, they be just too damn popular!
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Those discounts they advertise have a code that you need to enter at checkout to get the offer - did you not enter the code by any chance?

When you were paying, did you not think 'blimey, that is a bit pricier than I expected. Has that discount I wanted been applied? Nope, haven't entered the bloody code like it quite clearly tells me to!"

Incase that is a bit vague for you, I am implying that you are quite clearly an idiot.
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    I've just checked my CRC History and I have 82 transactions since 2010...every one arrived in less than 4 days and was correct 8)
    I even have correct/on time stuff from Wiggle :shock:
    As said above check before you pull the trigger :wink:
  • cooldad
    I still blame Wiggle though.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    ^ what he said, althought I don't know what caveat emptor means.

Me neither... :oops:

Empty Cavity, Derr!

They ve been a bit slow with mine recently, 2 days to post a saddle and a box of energy bars!! But meh....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • I made two seperate orders 10 minutes apart last weekend and 30 people had ordered in-between my two orders... assuming the numbers keep on going everytime someone buys. Even with that amount of traffic at their warehouse, it still only took 3 days for both my orders to come with 4 & 3 items in each.

CRC are class!
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    I bought a rear mech on the 17th and it hasnt arrived yet. I think someone from CRC should be shot how dare they.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    I eagerly await the OP admitting what he did wrong- my guess is either didn't enter the code, or tried to use a "10% off over £75" code or similiar for too small an amount?
    Uncompromising extremist
  • I too (jumps on the bandwagon) have bought lots of things from CRC over the years but (and I won't go as far as saying it was a rip off) but..... these were ordered from my LBS and they charged me £7.99.... unless my LBS c*cked up... either way, I ordered 2 spare :0)

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=55030

Oh, and again, not so much of a rip off but just no so good is that I ordered a Troy Lee D3 Carbon, yellow flash (b&st&rd) but had to cancel after the changed the delivery date 5 times with no email / notification of said delays...

I'd still order from there, just more cautious now.. Oh, and don't get me started on the data breach thing... :0(
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    edited March 2012
    I have a beef with CRC for many things (mostly delivery related), but being a rip off is not one of them. They are the cheapest around.

Only complaint with pricing is the bait and switch by showing a cheap price and then the particular size/model you want is not that price at all or the cheap ones are not available, encouraging you pick the more expensive alternative. Still it's usually cheaper than the rest.

Main thing though is I want them to remove their "same day shipping" claim.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    I blames Wiggle. It's blatantly their cunning plan to ruin CRCs reputation by employing cunning and devious agents to cause mahem with CRC orders. If you see them around looking shifty I suggest you chase them while barking like a dog.

article-1093506-02C22227000005DC-310_634x645.jpg

See how evil they look.
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    They also like to overprice and then discount. The other day I was after some gloves, and they had them at £55 when the RRP is £45, but discounted a little. I pointed this out to their team, they even wrote back saying they would look into it... They did: Still showing £10 over RRP but now an even bigger discount. Don't trust their prices Kids!
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • rrsodl
    rrsodl Posts: 486
    loddrik wrote:
    I suspect you must have an agenda here...

Jesus!!!! The OP made a mistake but to get a reply like this it's a bit much I think.

Reading the first page it would seem that posters have shares in Chainreaction :lol:

I have also had good experiences with Chainreaction, Wiggle and Ribble, etc for years.

Come to think of it, Chainreaction messed my order once and they ignored my emails for 2 weeks but when I opened a dispute through Paypal I got a reply right away. They fixed the problem to my satisfaction.
  • felix.london
    Free delivery to France and usually arrives exactly 6 days after I place the order. Can't knock that.

Although the latest lot of upgrades I got from Bike-Discount.De saved a lot of money over CRC prices (front mech, Reverb, chainset etc) and they also offer free delivery to France

Tools & clothes seem to be cheaper on CRC though. Just a matter of checking prices & delivery charges from different retailers...it's not rocket science is it?

A rip off?.. :?

Trek Session 8
  • cooldad
    benpinnick wrote:
    They also like to overprice and then discount. The other day I was after some gloves, and they had them at £55 when the RRP is £45, but discounted a little. I pointed this out to their team, they even wrote back saying they would look into it... They did: Still showing £10 over RRP but now an even bigger discount. Don't trust their prices Kids!
    I think RRP's are a bit of a joke in general. Just shop around for the best price on the bit you want.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • chuffa
    chuffa Posts: 25
    Just to clarify things for all you know it alls.
    When I placed the order it clearly said type in box discount code this I did then clicked complete.
    As soon as I did this the transaction was complete, I then realised that the discount had not been applied I then sent them an email which they have ignored (plus further emails)
    All to no avail.
    There was nothing wrong with the goods neither am I bothered about the 6 days it took for the gear to arrive.
    What bugs me is the that they have totally ignored my complant.
    Therefore I will continue to slag them off as much as I want it's their loss not mine plenty other places to shop
  • phone them?

I ordered the wrong set of forks once by accident, called em immediately, they cancelled it and changed to the correct forks!

Sorry but if you're that bothered about your own mistake, get on the phone. you cant rely on email.