Best place to order new bearings / pivot?

miss notax
miss notax Posts: 2,572
edited March 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hello :D

After much work I finally have my Juliana in two bits of frame ready for respraying! Having taken out the main pivot etc it seems sensible to replace all this when the bike is rebuilt - can anyone recommend where the best / cheapest place to order this from? Have found a Juliana pack on sale at Stif Cycles - any good?

Many thanks!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc

Comments

• sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    Any bearing supplier will be cheaper.You just need the bearing code which is usually stamped on the bearing eg 6805rs etc.You really want SKF/Fag bearings as they are higher quality.
    A complete kit for my Enduro was £40(main pivot plus all linkages) from Evans,I paid half that from ebc bearings.
    The bearings at £12 on Stiff would be about £3 each from a bearing supplier or as cheap as £1 each(cheapo) on fleabay.£12 isn't the end of the Earth though :D
    If you cant find the size take the bearing to City Seals and Bearings etc and they'll measure them.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    You could try this guy
    http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/airborne10101/

Got some for my Kona and superb quality.

Bit of a nutcase I believe - regular poster on STW, but a bit of a bearing nerd.
    He lists some Santa Cruz - not your model, but worth asking. They are probably the same as one of the boys models.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    Mrs M
    the juliana takes the same bearings as the heckler,, so the heckler one will fit..
    see here

not sure what year your juli is but guesing it will fall into this category
    if this the frame you got then you can get this kitto rebuild her.

if your juliana is the late 2009 model then this is the kit you require..

hope this aint to confusing..
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Since Stif are the same people as Jungle (who import Santa Cruz) then if the price is good you'll know the Stif kit is the real deal.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • miss notax
    delcol wrote:
    Mrs M
    the juliana takes the same bearings as the heckler,, so the heckler one will fit..
    see here

not sure what year your juli is but guesing it will fall into this category
    if this the frame you got then you can get this kitto rebuild her.

if your juliana is the late 2009 model then this is the kit you require..

hope this aint to confusing..

Thank you ever so much!

Mine is actually a 2005 model, so the one previous to this.... Can find the bike on here but not a bearing kit etc? Will keep hunting though!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

• delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    ahhhhh right i just looked an could not see any kits listed..

maybe give jungle a ring or drop them an email asking if they can help, they are super helpfull.. or they were with me last year when i was trying to find out shock info to get a elka stage five shock for my butcher...
  • miss notax
    Had a chat to the guys at Stif who were very helpful, so have ordered the kit from them :D

Thanks for all of your help!

• sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    benpinnick wrote:
    Since Stif are the same people as Jungle (who import Santa Cruz) then if the price is good you'll know the Stif kit is the real deal.
    They're probably SKF/Fag. Bike shops claim to sell "bike specific kits" at exaggerated prices ;) There's no such thing as "bike specific" bearings. 99% of bearings are industry standard and bike manufacturers build to these standards.