Happy Wednesday Halfway to Friday!!!

angry_bird
angry_bird Posts: 3,786
edited March 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Morning bumders

For those of you who have to work, just think, you only have to get up for work twice more until Friday, doesn't that thought make you happy!!! Even better if you finish work on Thursday, not so good if you're working the weekend though, you have my condolences.

So today will consist of truing a wheel, cleaning a bike, playing some playstation, starting to prepare for my research into sheeps before lambing starts. Might touch the road bike later :shock:

I may do other things to, I've not decided yet, rest assured if they're dull I won't tell you, if it's fun and interesting you'll hear about them, unless they're too fun that I'm simply too busy to let you know.

Laters

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Today is massive corporate freeby day.

Off to Lancashire county cricket club to watch the budget with a panel of self important/inflated experts.

Bright side is there will be a decent lunch, with a chance to fill my belly before the joys of llandegla later.
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' *****
    a0b279b0f9aa6fa25260374a3bcaa7d02ad8e749.jpg

Wednesday. Same ol', same ol'.

....which could be worse!

Onwards! The coffee machine awaits!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Mornining early morning friends.
    Got home last night to find out wife had bought a kitten for the kids, most of the night was spent calming the rather large dog down and trying to work out how to get it to be friends with our old grumpy cat. (i hate cats)
    Still no sign of my rear mech hangers and as i'm in the new office, i doubt i'll ever see them, so i'll have to order some more :roll:
    Today i will be in Ford hell hole again with no signal, no seat and a engineer who is very dull.

Onwards to caffine and porridge!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all, nearly the weekend for me as i'm off to holland on friday for a nice long weekend away :D

i worked for my old dept last night as they rang me up stressing out that they couldn't do a job for one of my old clients so i had to go and bail them out. ah well, a nice bit of overtime for my hols :D

not much to do today, i was going to bring the bike to work and go for a ride at lunch time but i've proper hurt my back so i'm giving it a rest :(

later bumders
  • Morning,

Office life resumes today :( I will mostly be developing some spreadsheets and drinking tea. Highlight of my day will be meeting my insanely attractive and enthusiastic mentee, it's a good job she's only twenty and therefore fails the (age/2)+7 rule or I would be rather innapropriate ;) I'll make sure to play innuendo bingo with her though as that keeps me entertained whilst we talk about uni stuff.

Laters
    All hail the FSM and his noodly appendage!
  • Morning Homos!

Day off today. Skip is sat in the drive, waiting to be filled. Going to run the kids up to school then pop into town quickly to get some bits. Then back here to do a clearout.
    Much tea to be consumed today I think. And I think bacons is on the cards for this morning at some point.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Morning Dangleberries,

Today's a good day. Going for a quick blast on the roadie to drop in and see someone, then I'm going to start packing up my ski gear ready for tomorrow's stupid o'clock getaway to Chamonix :mrgreen: I can smell the garlic, cheese and cheap red wine already.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'ning
    Usual boring day, brightened by lunch with a friend.
    Later I will be bike cleaning, and deciding what to bake on Saturday for Cake Club. Also trying to decide between a quick spin at Pines vs a trek out to Cannock being as my Llandegla trip got canned.
    Kisses
    FoxC
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Got up at 6 and went for a run, plotting a site visit to the middleand tomorrow which "should" involve Cannock Chase.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Morning losers

Today I need to take my car into a garage. The damn thing has started jolting whilst driving, usually after 40mins or so. If this is expensive, I might just hit the thing with a branch.
    I shall take my bike with me to the garage though, as there's a trail not so far from there, so that'll give me something to do.

Laters
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    I shall take my bike with me to the garage though, as there's a trail not so far from there, so that'll give me something to do.

Laters

Or a way to get home.

Morning Scuttlers

Today will foloow the usual sequence of work, gym, work, home, eat, sleep. If I could add anything of more interest to that believe me I would, but I cant, therefore I wont lie to you and try and make my day sound exciting.

I mean the highlight of today is that I'm being bought a Clarks pie to try
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • DF33
    DF33 Posts: 732
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Morning Dangleberries,

Today's a good day. Going for a quick blast on the roadie to drop in and see someone, then I'm going to start packing up my ski gear ready for tomorrow's stupid o'clock getaway to Chamonix :mrgreen: I can smell the garlic, cheese and cheap red wine already.

Nice. Sounds like you've got it sorted!

ps nice little micro brewery type pub / bar at the top end of Cham Centre

http://www.mbchx.com/eng%20mbc%20home.htm

Just a minutes walk past the last roundabout out of the town centre where the Argentiere road starts. Usual junk food but some nice beers.

Just finished lacing up a new pair of road wheels this morning :D Some accounts to do this afternoon :cry:

Otherwise standard issue day. That is all.
    Peter
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Greetings Programs,

Today i am mostly creating big spreadsheets to reclaim EU VAT, this is because our AP department is a bit inconsistant about how they post things :S
    Tonight iw will lubing the bike, and fettling my shocks as i think the front is still a tad to firm after the rebuild :)

Thinking i maj just order a new high roller for the rear untill my minion runs out the swap to some big as Schwaulbe hans dampfs, as money is a slight concern for the next 3 months or so.

Otherwise the world is rosie and i can't wait for the clocks to change to give more light to my days :)

No kisses for any of you cos Gazlar would like it to much cos i'm so pretty lol :p
  • Gazlar

No kisses for any of you cos Gazlar would like it to much cos i'm so pretty lol :p

Have you not seen my posts in redhead of the day and the non conventional womans thread (where did that go, can anyone find it I can't remember the acronym) You will have noticed that what I like is far from what conventional people call pretty, so if you are pretty, then I'm afraid your not gonna get the Gazlar Hammer.

edit that last statement kind of implies that my "stalking" of foxc is because she is not deemed pretty, let me just say this is not the case, ther are some pretty choices which she comes under that category. plus her hair smells lovely
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Afters All

Been in the house a little while since I went up to Leeds it install a telecom Ariel on the Hilton Hotel. Told we weren't needed so did coffee and drove home - money for old rope as they say in my trade.

Lazing around deciding whether it's worth booking some riding in for the weekend or am I going to have to go back to my normal job.

Out tonight guiding the LBS shop ride
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    The morning's gonet slow.

Had one of those breakfast wrap thingies from Macd's

currently stuffing face with chicken, bacon, cheese, salad baguette
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    STOP EVERYTHING

My rear mech hangers have arrived!
    Not only can i fettle and maybe a ride tonight but i can also plan a decent weekend ride! Wa and indeed Hoo!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • ACTUAL LOL!

The courier that's supposed to be delivering my new Reed has just quoted Bionicon £75 for 48hr delivery from Bristol to IOM. Someone is having a farkin' giraffe!
  • foxc_uk
    Gazlar wrote:
    edit that last statement kind of implies that my "stalking" of foxc is because she is not deemed pretty, let me just say this is not the case, ther are some pretty choices which she comes under that category. plus her hair smells lovely
    Good save
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    LOUD NOISES!!!

Well. So far today I've acheived nothing... actually I've trued a wheel, but spent a most of my time just monging around listening to musics.

Can't be bothered with the road bike, can't be bothered to clean the 456, might go and hit some tennis balls around instead, need to work on my T serve a bit more.

I love being on holiday.
  • Gazlar
    foxc_uk wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:
    Good save

Thanks, do you use timotei?
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • foxc_uk
    Gazlar wrote:
    foxc_uk wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:
    Good save

Thanks, do you use timotei?
    Yes I do*

*Not actually true
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    DF33 wrote:
    Nice. Sounds like you've got it sorted!

ps nice little micro brewery type pub / bar at the top end of Cham Centre

http://www.mbchx.com/eng%20mbc%20home.htm

Just a minutes walk past the last roundabout out of the town centre where the Argentiere road starts. Usual junk food but some nice beers.
    Thanks mate, might give that one a try tomorrow evening before we head to this new club :twisted:

Not sure if we'll get there in time for any skiing tomorrow or not, so may have to start early on the beers !
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Evening you bunch of spazwanglers!

Today has been a day off work so I have purchased luggage from go outdoors for all of us for the holiday I booked this morning. To Keldy. i.e. near Dalby. And I can take the 456. And we won't have the dog, so I can spend the usual walking time riding. Somewhere that isn't flat. For me this is Win.

I have also today cleared 750kg of shingle from the front garden, cleaned the bikes properly and serviced the Rebas and changed the pads on the Inbred. And painted the workshop, cleaned the windows and affixed countless bike related stickers to the wall.

I am now Ker-nackered and on the way to the stables for parents evening.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?