My first video

angry_bird
angry_bird Posts: 3,786
edited March 2012 in Your pics and vids
Few clips from Cannock over the last few days, including a monumental c0ck up on Snakes n' Ladders at Stile Cop. Still got a bit of work to do with some of the camera angles when I'm using the chest mount but I puts some bits of them in anyways, it's nice to appreciate the bike :lol:

Enjoy

Comments

• danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    Yeah chest mount takes a bit of time to get used to I even rode the same route twice with it on the back the second time around. As there were 2 of us riding when I edited the video got some great shots of where the perspective swapped from the rear rider filming forward to the front rider to the front rider filming backwards to the the second rider. Looked pretty good as if we had 2 cameras on the same run!

Good quality film by the way what camera was it?
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • angry_bird
    Was filmed with a GoPro HD, I think I've cracked the GoPro angles now, been messing around with it this afternoon.

Riding with it on the back sounds like an interesting idea, I've seen them mounted to seat tubes to give a view of the rear wheel but hadn't considered turning the chest mount around... might give it a go next time I'm out with someone.
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    at first i thought oh no another pov helmet camera video..

but i got to say i really enjoyed it,, well done thats a really good video that trail looks amazing.. and you were pinning it,, hope you ok after the stack..

look forward to your next video.
  • angry_bird
    Cheers I'm pretty much fine after the crash, been quite interesting making it, trying to fit clips together, problem is I've now seen it so many times I'm fed up with it :lol: Suppose I'd better get out riding and get some footage for the next one.
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    Nice vid and looks fun, got to get down there and waz down that, one thing I noticed is your front brake cable on the outside of your forks?
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • angry_bird
    1mancity2 wrote:
    Nice vid and looks fun, got to get down there and waz down that, one thing I noticed is your front brake cable on the outside of your forks?

So it is :lol: completely forgot about it, when I initially did the build I think I popped it there so I'd notice it and remember to shorten it... then didn't. The rear brake cable does a loop of the headtube on it's way to the back too. Hasn't caused any problems yet but yeah, should probably run it down the inside :lol: Cheers
  • how high was the drop?

your lucky u didn't brake anything else
    worst moment ever...
    buzzing down twisting single track then.... psssst BANG!!!
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    ahhhhhhhhhhhh the laborious task of video editing.. it can be a challenge cant it,, a real art form to string togeather a decent watchable video.. i spent days editing some of mine togeather..

try some 3rd person perspective footage in your next edit.. i look forward to seeing it,, your first attempt has set the bar high....
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Cool video, especially good effort given you're riding a hardtail!
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • angry_bird
    how high was the drop?

your lucky u didn't brake anything else

Its about 5ft down to the start of the transition, so not massively high, except when you're going head first :lol: To where I landed it's closer 8-9ft, thankfully it's pretty steep so I rolled a lot instead of just stopping dead.
    delcol wrote:
    ahhhhhhhhhhhh the laborious task of video editing.. it can be a challenge cant it,, a real art form to string togeather a decent watchable video.. i spent days editing some of mine togeather..

try some 3rd person perspective footage in your next edit.. i look forward to seeing it,, your first attempt has set the bar high....

Thanks, yeah some 3rd person would be pretty cool, I know what I'll be doing next week now.
    ilovedirt wrote:
    Cool video, especially good effort given you're riding a hardtail!

Cheers