Santa Cruz Heckler

High-Tower
High-Tower Posts: 25
edited March 2012 in Your mountain bikes
I thought I'd put up a few pics of my steeds as an intro to the forum. So for your ridicule, first up is my Santa Cruz Heckler

heckler1.jpg

Size XL to suit my unfeasibly long legs. I got it last year when I bust my old FSRXC. The Heckler is a bike I've wanted for years, I've liked them since way back when I used to work at Bike Scene, but it's taken 11 years to get both the money and permission from the wife.

heckler2.jpg

The shock was upgraded to an RP23

heckler6.jpg

And I wasn't keen on the black forks it came with so they've been changed to this years Rockshox Revelations. The exact same fork, just in white. Yes I am a tart, but the black ones haven't gone to waste.

Other than that it's a fairly stock Santa Cruz build, XT transmission (3x10) and shifters, with just a Deore chainset. Avid Elixir 5 brakes with 185 and 165 rotors,

heckler5.jpg

The wheels are Hope Pro2s on WTB Laserdiscs with my favoured DT spokes and a pair of 2.35 Maxxis High Rollers

heckler7.jpg

I upgraded the headset and bottom bracket to Hopes finest.

heckler3.jpg

The stem is a nice Thompson, 110 suits me fine, with fairly average Truvativ bars

heckler4.jpg

Seatpost is a syncros with a WTB saddle perched probably as high off the ground as any other bike on the forum.

All in all, a solid reliable build spec of a very nice traditional single pivot bike. I love it and it's been worth the wait.
Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared - Rickenbacker.

Comments

• Foesrider
    Foesrider Posts: 48
    Nice, should have gone with a black stem though :roll:
    PAIN IS WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Looks like your going all XC on a heckler long stem and so on, so all i can say sorry is wrong wrong worng :(

Go sell it and buy yourself a blur if thats what your after :s
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    Looks like your going all XC on a heckler long stem and so on, so all i can say sorry is wrong wrong worng :(

Go sell it and buy yourself a blur if thats what your after :s

Agree, get the spacers down a bit, a 50/70mm stem on it and get it thrashed (or not your bike)

Nice bike :wink:
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • mrmonkfinger
    mrmonkfinger Posts: 1,452
    nicely put together bike... but holy enormous seatpost, batman!

I'm guessing it goes XC, mostly?
  • leaflite
    leaflite Posts: 1,651
    Size XL to suit my unfeasibly long legs
    but holy enormous seatpost, batman!

Cant really see what other option there is if he has very long legs?? As far as im aware they dont make an xxl!
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    leaflite wrote:
    Size XL to suit my unfeasibly long legs
    but holy enormous seatpost, batman!

Cant really see what other option there is if he has very long legs?? As far as im aware they dont make an xxl!
    +1, very nice bikes, but there sizing does seem on the small side, XL's work out at about 20.5'' and are supposed to suit people up to 6ft 6''
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • And 6'6" is exactly how tall I am. I don't think I've had a bike without at least a 350mm seatpost since I was about 14, so I've kind of got used to it. I'm used to working round all sorts of thimgs that don't fit me that well, but trying to ride ANY bike with a 50/70mm stem would leave me in totally the wrong postion to be able to pedal.

As regards it being 'wrong, wrong, wrong' as Thewaylander says, hey, it's horses for courses fella. I don't class myself as an XC rider, nor a downhiller, nor an AM rider, although if you want to apply a tag, then I guess that's the closest. I'm just a mountain biker, who'll have a go at most things.
    Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared - Rickenbacker.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Smart...