Bar Ends: None

Front Brake Lever assy: Shimano XTR Trail
Front Caliper: Shimano XTR Trail
Front disc: Shimano XT 203mm 6 Bolt Icetech
Rear Brake Lever assy: Shimano XTR Trail
Rear Caliper: Shimano XTR Trail
Rear Disc: Shimano XT 180mm 6 Bolt Icetech
Hoses: Goodridge Carbon Look Braided

Shifters: Shimano XTR (Right hand shifter Only)
Cables: Shimano XTR
Front Mech: None
Rear Mech: Shimano XTR
Chain Device: MRP Lopes (Ibis)

Seat: Selle Italia SLR
Seat Post: Rockshox Reverb Dropper
Seat Post Clamp: Ibis Own

Cranks: Shimano XTR Trail (was triple, now single)
Chainring(s): Shimano XTR Carbon / Titanium
Chain: SRAM 10 Speed Hollowpin
Cassette: Shimano XTR 10 speed 11T-36T
Pedals: Shimano XTR Trail
Bottom Bracket: Chris King

Front Wheel:
Rim: ENVE All Mountain Carbon
Spokes: DT Competition (White)
Hub: Chris King 20mm ISO Disc
Tube: Tubeless
Tire: Continental X King 2.4 Tubeless

Back Wheel:
Rim: ENVE All Mountain Carbon
Spokes: DT Competition (White)
Hub: Chris King ISO 12x135 Maxle
Tube: Tubeless
Tire: Continental X King 2.4 Tubeless

Weight: 31.01lb

Other info: MRP Carbon Bashguard

Comments

• mrmonkfinger
    mrmonkfinger Posts: 1,452
    Is there a bike in that picture? I can't quite make it out, can you turn up the contrast or something? :)

That's a bling build with the enves and all, nice.
  • I love the colour! No high vis needed for you...
    Very funny Scotty, now beam me down my clothes.
  • Foesrider
    Foesrider Posts: 48
    Yep very nice, i came so close to buying one of these frames, in white though. But i do like that colour.
    PAIN IS WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY
  • styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    Should have bought a 29er, that looks huge.
  • I love the colour! No high vis needed for you...
    It's a Marmite colour TBH, I do like it but would of preferred the colour in the mock up's when they announced the HD, it was more green than yellow but it grows on you.

I'm considering a natural carbon or white one next as my local dealer can't get me an Intense Carbine and the HD rides perfect for me... :0)
  • styxd wrote:
    Should have bought a 29er, that looks huge.
    Hmmm, I think not... They don't don't and can't make a 160mm all mountain bike... And I'd rather take up knitting than ride a 29'er... :0)
  • Foesrider
    Foesrider Posts: 48
    I looked at the intense as well (that is a beautiful looking frame) and the pivot as well as a santacruz blur lt. Theres just too many choices :lol: Im chuffed to bits with the Foes though.
    PAIN IS WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    can I ask why on earth you're running a bash on the lopes?! wouldn't it have been better to get the G2 sl? seems stupid, didn't even know you could use a bash with the lopes? one thing I don't like about ibis is the sizing, for taller riders the geometry is shite, a medium sb66 is longer than a xl HD!

nice bike though!
  • lawman wrote:
    can I ask why on earth you're running a bash on the lopes?! wouldn't it have been better to get the G2 sl? seems stupid, didn't even know you could use a bash with the lopes? one thing I don't like about ibis is the sizing, for taller riders the geometry is shite, a medium sb66 is longer than a xl HD!

nice bike though!

You can ask, yes... :0)

I run a bash as, for winter use XC, I'm running a 32T middle and it looks pussy.... So I'm covering it up with a bash guard, I kinda always wanted a useless piece of carbon with MRP written on with a ridiculous price tag... :evil: ... The only other reason for the bash is for a few rides I do where there are some fallen tree's you have to hop over and I've smacked my chainrings on a few times... But as I've said, It's mainly for cosmetic reasons...

You can (as far as I know) only run an Ibis Lopes MRP device, which this is...

Size wise, it fit's and it rides fine, when I'm on it, I don't care whether it looks too high, or indeed too small for me, I just ride it as fast as I can :lol:
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Ooooh now that's nice... but if it's a competition between the Mojos I prefer Lawman's. TBH I'm not completely sold by the colour, like you say it's a bit marmite, and I hate marmite, can't stand going near the other side of town because there's a marmite factory there :lol:

Having said that still wouldn't complain if it were mine, really really really want one (Lawman's fault for going on about them so much).
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    MRP make the lopes and g2 sl in a mojo compatible version, e-13 make the LG1 trail that fits, and I've fitted an LG1+, which admittedly was a bugger to fit, but I can report it does fit and works brilliantly :D

a 32t ring would look tiny on that frame fair point!
  • Angry Bird wrote:
    Ooooh now that's nice... but if it's a competition between the Mojos I prefer Lawman's.
    I'd agree with that, the colour is not something that I'd go for again, but I loved it as mentioned in the preview pictures where it looked more lime than custard...

Angry Bird wrote:
    Having said that still wouldn't complain if it were mine, really really really want one (Lawman's fault for going on about them so much).

It is a great bike, The only thing I don't like is the top tube cable routing which is not good...
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    that bike just makes me smile, very nice :D
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • chez_m356 wrote:
    that bike just makes me smile, very nice :D

Thank you very much :0)
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice vnice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice

i set my heart on one of these at the end of 2010, sold my heckler and set about choosing the spec started to plan the build then just as i was going to buy the b45tards who bought the company hit us with redundancy.. so i really could not justify spending so much on a bike.. we did get made redundant last year so my mojo hd dream never did take off.. nice bike and nice colour.. even better spec.. you one lucky guy.....
  • delcol wrote:
    nice

i set my heart on one of these at the end of 2010, sold my heckler and set about choosing the spec started to plan the build then just as i was going to buy the b45tards who bought the company hit us with redundancy.. so i really could not justify spending so much on a bike.. we did get made redundant last year so my mojo hd dream never did take off.. nice bike and nice colour.. even better spec.. you one lucky guy.....

That's a real shame and I'm sorry to hear that!... If it's any consolation, I was made redundant 4 times in two years, all of which I received no pay out of any kind.

There were times when I was living on £10 a week for food and had debts building up and bills I just couldn't afford to pay... My mum used to bring me food parcels and I had to sell all my bikes (bar one) to pay for things I just couldn't afford to pay for... I found myself in debts of around, well let's just say it was a shed load of money... The highlight was when I was just turning the corner and getting my finances under control when I received the balloon payment on my car invoice (£10,280) and had 6 weeks to find the money... Nobody would extend credit limits, my mortgage company wouldn't let me remortgage and the company I worked for (the worlds largest IT Company) gave me a performance rating of 3 (no payrise unless you get a 2+ or a 1) despite doing 190% of my target....

The message behind all this is that you can turn things around, knuckle down, prove that you are worth the money and never take no for an answer or listen to anyone that say's that you aren't good enough, or people that say it can't be done... It's taken me 3 years to get back to where I need to be, and without boasting, it's all been a result of me being headstrong enough to believe in myself and to make a difference!.

I have a mate that was in a similar situation, he racked up 90k of unsecured debt and lost his house, marriage and everything that he had built up over a 10 year period, unlike me he filled for insolvency and declared himself bankrupt, writing off the majority of his debts... It happens, to more people that you could ever imagine..

I hope that you manage to turn your situation around and manage to get the bike of your dreams, I hope that I stay humble to where I have come from and learn from the lessons that I have been tested with over the last 10 years..

(when I sell it, I'll message you) ;0) Good luck and never give up trying.
  • delcol
    total respect to you and credit were it is due,, people like you inspire others, to hit rock bottom and be broke then fight and come back to get your life back on track and own nice things again..
    you deserve the mojo and its highend spec...

things aint quite got that bad for me yet although i am back at mummy's house.. i did commit the ultimate sin though about a month ago and sold my spesh demo my whistler bike,, i kinda figured having a young daughter and no job i would not be going to whistler this year so i would'nt use the demo, so sold it to get a little extra cash..
    i like you refuse to be beat and will keep my chin up, i keep applying for jobs but never hear anything or get shortlisted then rejected.... the search goes on... :wink:
  • delcol wrote:
    total respect to you and credit were it is due,, people like you inspire others, to hit rock bottom and be broke then fight and come back to get your life back on track and own nice things again..
    you deserve the mojo and its highend spec...

Thank you, I do get frustrated when people pigeon hole you and judge you when you do have something nice, I'd like to think I was a nice enough person when meeting people on the trails but as this forum has proved, you have something a bit flash and automatically you get labelled as a pr*ck...

If people just appreciated where others had come from and scratched beneath the surface, they would know that not every book should be judged by it's cover..

I recently got chatting to a guy on YouTube that wanted to be shown around the Lookout, he never judged me on the bike I ride and now I'd class him as one of my mates, it's a shame that not everyone takes the same view and rather than being snide with comments, just increases their circle of friends and get's on with people in the same sport.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    I recently got chatting to a guy on YouTube that wanted to be shown around the Lookout, he never judged me on the bike I ride and now I'd class him as one of my mates, it's a shame that not everyone takes the same view and rather than being snide with comments,

Why would he judge you on the bike you ride? :?

Reverse snobbery because your bike was nicer?

Well specced, extra bling points for the totally pointless white Competition spokes, cost more, weigh more, and the coating falls off! I'd just get black ones and spray them!
  • njee20 wrote:
    Why would he judge you on the bike you ride? :?

Like people did when I first joined this forum?..... No idea Njee20!!!!.... All of a sudden I became a pr*ck because of my username and because I had an opinion?....
    njee20 wrote:
    Reverse snobbery because your bike was nicer?

All I cared about was whether I could show him around Swinley without being slow... :0)
    njee20 wrote:
    Well specced, extra bling points for the totally pointless white Competition spokes, cost more, weigh more, and the coating falls off! I'd just get black ones and spray them!

I thank you, completely pointless and a waste of money, but I love white spokes... Everyone has black or silver and I like to be different... BUT...

a) I could afford them
    b) I went from 823 UST rims so wasn't bothered that much on weight (+ I weigh around 19st)
    c) Had them on my last 3 set's of wheels... Coating stays on fine... :0)
  • styxd
    The message behind all this is

....dont spend daft amounts of money on stupid bikes/cars/tvs etc. unless you can actually afford to buy them in the first place....
  • styxd wrote:
    The message behind all this is

....dont spend daft amounts of money on stupid bikes/cars/tvs etc. unless you can actually afford to buy them in the first place....

You can afford anything and everything when you are employed... When you get made redundant, It becomes a challenge...
  • styxd
    You cant afford everything. Live within your means and all that. Bicycles along with almost everything else is a luxury not a right or a necessity.
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    Quote - You can afford anything and everything when you are employed...

Man, if only.. I'm comfortable, but saving for a wedding. I can't afford anything at the moment!! :lol:

Seriously nice bike though, I've looked at this thread a few times now, the colour is growing on me. Do love the HD's (and Mojos in general). If I ever see a bike resembling plutonium over Swinley or Surrey Hills, I'll be sure to say hi. ;)
  • delcol
    styxd wrote:
    You cant afford everything. Live within your means and all that. Bicycles along with almost everything else is a luxury not a right or a necessity.
    this is the reason i did not go for my dream bike and get the hd i knew i was going to loose my job and did not want to rack up unnecessary debt, hence why i got the butcher as it was well within my budget (only cost me £900) and that was to buy the frame the elka stage 5 shock and the 2x10 drivetrain.. and then use parts i had taken off the heckler before i sold it...
    there was no way i could justify the £2200 for the ibis frame, especially having a young daughter..
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Coating stays on fine

Must be better than the white Aerolites I had, they were crap!
  • Nelson56
    Nelson56 Posts: 79
    Thats really nice the colour is amazing and the white from the forks go really well
    Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail

viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12858984