It's not right

desweller
desweller Posts: 5,175
edited March 2012 in The bottom bracket
Did my 60 miles this morning in freezing rain and gusting winds. Now I'm home the sun's come out and and wind's gone.

It's Not Right, I tell ya.
- - - - - - - - - -
On Strava.{/url}

Comments

• Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    well our local weather TV doomster Eno, said it was going to rain today, so i decided to fanny about with the bike - turns out to be one of the sunnest days ever. you're right It's not right.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    hmmm

40 kph winds and a sandstorm visibility of 50-100m - dont suppose cycling tomorrow will be a possibility
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    There is this fabulous new thing you can use to plan your weekend ride

It's called the weather forecast :D

I am well and truly addicted to it! While not 100% accurate all the time it's pretty damn good. The wind forecast is good too. I (nearly) always have a tailwind to push me home!

Today, delay ride until after 9am. Broken cloud turned into beautiful sunshine by 11. I actually felt the warmth of the sun. Sweet!
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    How about the "look out the window, is it lashing down? No! Bike ride then" method. It comes into its own now that the mornings are actually light around 0630, but I grant you this method is not much cop in the winter months when the morning is almost half over before it is bright enough to see.

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    Haven't been out due to right arm being in a sling after going ar$e over handlebars on mtb on Friday causing a separated shoulder :(
    Hope it feels better next weekend, I've got a tour planned, on the road though. Bloody mtb's are dangerous!
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    well our local weather TV doomster Eno, said it was going to rain today, so i decided to fanny about with the bike - turns out to be one of the sunnest days ever. you're right It's not right.

She is contracted to be the purveyor of doom, whereas the 'blonde' with godawful dress sense has in her contract never to be involved with the stuff that the BBC bosses make Eno contend with.... she has the crappy end of the stick there, I tell you
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    random man wrote:
    Haven't been out due to right arm being in a sling after going ar$e over handlebars on mtb on Friday causing a separated shoulder :(
    Hope it feels better next weekend, I've got a tour planned, on the road though. Bloody mtb's are dangerous!

Bloody 'ell, I trust ya ta go out on your own an' what do ya do :roll:

The roads on Friday are hectic you're a lot safer off road he says, yeah right :lol:

Seriously though, hope everything goes well mate and you're soon back on it.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    McBain_v1 wrote:
    How about the "look out the window, is it lashing down? No! Bike ride then" method. It comes into its own now that the mornings are actually light around 0630, but I grant you this method is not much cop in the winter months when the morning is almost half over before it is bright enough to see.

This method only works when you get the sun in the morning, see. If you know you've got to get a ride in, but you don't think the weather's going to clear up, you may as well go out in the rain...

Basically I'd have been happier if it had belted down all day. Maybe not.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}