Le Salvager..

joshr96
joshr96 Posts: 153
edited March 2012 in The bottom bracket
I saw this show the other day called Le Salvager, I think its also called "The Salvager". For anyone who doesn't know, it's about this English guy who lives in France and builds things from materials he can buy from a scrap yard. I love building things out of old scrap material. That's why I love the show so much. I think it was broadcast in 2003 so I never ever saw the original episodes.
Anyone else seen this show? Thoughts?
Carrera TDF 2011 Limited Edition.
Crossbow Hybrid
Boardman AiR 9.8 one day..

Comments

• joshr96
    joshr96 Posts: 153
    FYI I didn't see the original episodes because I didn't know it was being put on the TV, not because I wasn't born.. :)
    Carrera TDF 2011 Limited Edition.
    Crossbow Hybrid
    Boardman AiR 9.8 one day..
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Never heard of it, but I do confess to occasionally watching 'Scrapheap Challenge' and having numerous boxes of nuts, bolts, bits of metal and anything that "might come in handy in case I need to build something in the future" in the garage :lol:
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • STEFANOS4784
    STEFANOS4784 Posts: 4,109
    No offence but think you may have a screw loose....
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    No offence but think you may have a screw loose....

hammerandnail.jpg
  • MarcBC
    MarcBC Posts: 333
    My memory tells me that lurking somewhere on this forum is Le Salvager's son. I am sure I read a thread about this last year. This is not a joke response either!
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Its the Dogs, The guys name is Rico Daniels, hes a legend.

It ran on Discovery, (Think adventure channel) the ones in France are the best, especially the one were he makes a motorboat and trailer out of the roof of an old sherpa van.
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    Yes his son is a member on here.
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    Fantastic program. He made a Chaise longue out of an old car. 8)
  • postman
    postman Posts: 120
    The guy is brilliant.His projects are wonderful.Everything from wardrobes,greenhouses and a sink and cupboard.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    downfader wrote:
    Fantastic program. He made a Chaise longue out of an old car. 8)

Pffft! Anyone can do that. Now if he'd made a car out of a chaise longue, now that would be impressive!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    It was a renualt 4 and I was gutted he canalbalised a classic but he is genuinely watchable,
    He reminds me of Marco Pantini on steriods (Oopps he probably was)

canabalised now that would be Eddy.