Had a full day at Newport Velodrome yesterday

MattC59
MattC59 Posts: 5,408
edited March 2012 in The bottom bracket
The title says it all really.

I'm a little sore now, what a fantastic day !! We had some time to get used to the bikes and the track, then went through some drills to get used to riding in groups, then spent the afternoon racing. There were a couple of pros on hand, as well as a couple of coaches from British Cycling.

They brought out a Watt bike as well so we got to thrash on that. (power output and 500m standing start sprint).

The only problem I have now (other than sore legs and oddly my neck !?!) is that:
1) I wish I'd discovered Track Cycling when I was younger.
2) I wish that there was a more convenient track, it's 1.5hrs to Newport.

Still, a great day ! If you get the chance, have a go !
Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,538
    Good fun isn't it? Who was coaching was it Courtney?
  • MattC59
    Fantastic fun !!

Can't remember the surnames, but a chap called Gary did most of the coaching and was helped by Triathlete Anneliese Heard. There was a para cyclist called Simon, who cycled one legged and thoroughly trounced all of us !!! He was quite incredible !!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,538
    MattC59 wrote:
    Fantastic fun !!

Can't remember the surnames, but a chap called Gary did most of the coaching and was helped by Triathlete Anneliese Heard. There was a para cyclist called Simon, who cycled one legged and thoroughly trounced all of us !!! He was quite incredible !!

Annaliese is from my village originally, recently moved to BC from Welsh Cycling (and surprised she's never made it onto Girls in Lycra!). Was it Simon Richardson? If so he's won a few par
    Alympics medals and was a top flight able bodied rider before getting hit by a car and the resulting injury left his one leg wasting away. He got hit off again a few months back, incredible bloke!
  • MattC59
    Pross wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    Fantastic fun !!

Annaliese is from my village originally, recently moved to BC from Welsh Cycling (and surprised she's never made it onto Girls in Lycra!). Was it Simon Richardson? If so he's won a few par
    Alympics medals and was a top flight able bodied rider before getting hit by a car and the resulting injury left his one leg wasting away. He got hit off again a few months back, incredible bloke!

No I don't think it was, but again, this chap's left leg was wasted to nothing. He had his left pedal fitted directly to the BB of his Dolan. Incredible cyclist though ! There was also a chap there called Jamie, who was a Pro and spent most of his time racing in Belgium. Both guys were ferociously fast on the track !!!!

(I'm suprised that Anneliese didn't get into GiL as well :lol: )