five pro or whyte 146s

SOHROB
SOHROB Posts: 21
edited March 2012 in MTB buying advice
I know its very subjective but purely looking at the bikes which would you choose?

The whyte would be standard however the 5 would have pro pack,rear maxle,rp23 kashima,kashima fork upgrade,hope finishing kit upgrade and hope m4 upgrade in black.

Or a third option to save a few quid would be either a Trek ex8 or zesty 314.

Thanks

Comments

• leaflite
    leaflite Posts: 1,651
    Which "pro pack" are you talking about?

If you do go for the orange five, I would not bother with the hope pack and some of the other parts and spend the money on a ccdb or reverb upgrade.

However, the whyte 146 is getting some great reviews at the moment, is well specced and has a much lighter and arguably better frame if you get on with the quad link setup.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Links always help.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • leebo74
    leebo74 Posts: 2
    Hi, I have a 146 and have to admit I like it more than the five pro. It is a really lively and communicative ride and I think it looks great too. The spec of all three 146 models are really good and that's not something you can say for the five, and I love the geometry as it is really good fun on the way down but still a good climber and general cross country trail bike. Having ridden both I made the right choice for me but I also believe you can't go wrong as they are both great, just pick the one that floats your boat.