Paddington station cycle parking

rubberbullet
rubberbullet Posts: 36
edited March 2012 in Commuting general
Quick question - am on a day trip out of Paddington station on Sunday and was hoping to leave my bike locked up in their snazzy bike racks.

Can anyone please let me know:
a) whether there's likely to be any space in there? does it tend to be rammed full of people parking their bikes over the weekend and/or for the long haul?
b) does it cost anything to park there?
c) is it secure?

Thanks!

Comments

• rustytop
    rustytop Posts: 5
    It does tend to be rammed all of the time, but I am sure with a bit of jiggery pokery you'll find a slot.

Sadly no snazzy bike racks like Waterloo. Supposedly English Heritage said no. Not sure what Network Rail's position is now - but nothing has happened since the trial of the double storey racks last year.

Rustytop
  • jedster
    jedster Posts: 1,717
    I've always been able to find somewhere to squeeze my bike. It's free. I've bever had problems with thieves or vandals (touching wood) even the time I forgot to lock it over the weekend (Doh)

as rusty says, the bike racks are very bog standard but actually those double-decker ones were a bit of a faff and, I agree with English Heritage, somewhat wrecked the view of the station (which is looking pretty fabulous now)