Freire on Contador and Valverde

Comments

• LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    I mentioned this in the Milan-San Remo thread, i'm a Freire fan, but his logic is non-existant in that article, he's a legend, but clearly not the sharpest knife in the draw.
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    In fairness he doesn't really seek to justify anything, he just says he prefers Valverde based on his ability to sprint.
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    I mentioned this in the Milan-San Remo thread, i'm a Freire fan, but his logic is non-existant in that article, he's a legend, but clearly not the sharpest knife in the draw.

I dont agree, his logic seems fine: that it may be seen as a harsh punishment but the rules of cycling are accepted by everyone racing and they were applied in this circumstance so you cant have any complaints. If anything he is being canny by implicitly giving an opinion while not being drawn either way on whether he sees Contador as guilty. Also he effectively says 'dopers always say they are innocent' which is interesting.
  • andrewjoseph
    andrewjoseph Posts: 2,165
    but then he states he likes Valverde 'cos he can sprint a bit. no mention of his doping. Velverde still maintains he's done nothing wrong.
    --
    Burls Ti Tourer for Tarmac, Saracen aluminium full suss for trails
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    ah yes i see, hmm he has contradicted himself. apologies leicesterlad. Maybe the question was 'out of dopers who do you like best?' 'well my favourite unrepentant doper is valverde' etc...