Deda SuperZero Seat Post Adjustment

chrb8
chrb8 Posts: 38
edited March 2012 in Workshop
I recently purchased a Deda SuperZero seat post and have fitted it, but am having a bit of a problem with the two-bolt tilt adjustment. Basically I do not seem to be able to tighten the two adjustment bolts to the required tension (as stated in the manual) without it adjusting the tilt of the saddle. As I tighten the bolts more (with a torque wrench), the adjustment changes.

At the moment I have just tightened them up by hand until the adjustment is correct and the bolts are tight - is this enough? Or is there another way round this to get the correct tension?

Comments

• jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    I don't have the same seat post but have one with a similar clamp. The trick is to alternate between each bolt and only tightening a little at time so one bolt doesn't pull the saddle down from one side. Takes a while to get used to but you'll get eventually.
  • racingcondor
    racingcondor Posts: 1,434
    1/4 turn on each bolt alternating.

I have them on two bikes and don't have any real problems with them. They do take a bit of fettling but it's a great post otherwise. Helps if you hold the bar on top of the bolt with one hand while you tighten that first bit, makes sure it seats in the right place and settles perpendicular to the frame.