Classics drinks.

rick_chasey
rick_chasey Posts: 72,244
edited March 2012 in Pro race
On the Christmas social, it was muted that we should arrange a bit more regularly to chat about pro-cycling or (heaven forbid) watch a bit.

Now, I understand that people may not want to break the ritual of persuading everyone in the house to leave for the afternoon for a monument, but why not pick either a race we're less keen on, oor, just go out for a drink somewhere in and around the classics season.

So, suggestions?

We could say do a Look mum no hands meet up, or a friday evening post-work meeting?

Comments

• No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,200
    Can I suggest Copenhagen then?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • rick_chasey
    Err, no? :)
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,200
    Oh bum.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    Bunking off work for a bit of Wednesday afternoon Fleche Wallone on 18 April?
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    On the Christmas social, it was muted that we should arrange a bit more regularly to chat about pro-cycling or (heaven forbid) watch a bit.

Now, I understand that people may not want to break the ritual of persuading everyone in the house to leave for the afternoon for a monument, but why not pick either a race we're less keen on, oor, just go out for a drink somewhere in and around the classics season.

So, suggestions?

We could say do a Look mum no hands meet up, or a friday evening post-work meeting?

I can't believe how often this gets spelled wrong.....it's "moot", people, "moot", not "mute". Not just you Rick, I see it all the time....
    Moot (v) to present or introduce (any point, subject, project, etc.) for discussion.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    I like smithy's idea.
  • rick_chasey
    PBo wrote:

So, suggestions?

I can't believe how often this gets spelled wrong.....it's "moot", people, "moot", not "mute". Not just you Rick, I see it all the time....
    Moot (v) to present or introduce (any point, subject, project, etc.) for discussion.

The foreigner has noted the above. ;).

Leuk zeg.
  • rick_chasey
    andyp wrote:
    I like smithy's idea.

Indeed.

...he was serious right?
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    PBo wrote:

So, suggestions?

The foreigner has noted the above. ;).

Leuk zeg.

Well if you manage to spell "programme" right then the occasional spelling mistake will be forgiven. Any talk of doping "programs" on the other hand will lead to me sulking at you for a whole week, but not actually telling you what you've done wrong.
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    You know i'm in sonshine....
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    andyp wrote:
    I like smithy's idea.

Indeed.

...he was serious right?

It was a serious suggestion just to see if people would be able to do it. Appreciate not everyone has that much flexibility around work.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    I thought this would be a thread about what we'll be drinking whilst watching the classics.

I will be downing coffee and stroopwafels twice weekly until mid April.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • rick_chasey
    prawny wrote:
    I thought this would be a thread about what we'll be drinking whilst watching the classics.

I will be downing coffee and stroopwafels twice weekly until mid April.
    :lol:

So will it be me, Moom, Andy P and Smithy behaving like schoolkids in Look mum no hands on the 18th of April?
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    I'd be interested. Was disappointed I had to drop out last minute for the christmas drinks!
  • rick_chasey
    rebs wrote:
    Was disappointed I had to drop out last minute for the christmas drinks!

It was noted.
  • Greggyr
    Greggyr Posts: 1,075
    I'd like to attend but work keeps me away. i'll try to make a get-together later in the season
  • rick_chasey
    Greggyr wrote:
    I'd like to attend but work keeps me away. i'll try to make a get-together later in the season

We can go for a post-work effort if that gets more traction.
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    I'll come. Just tell me where and when.
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Greggyr wrote:

Me too. We should do a get together for a weekend race.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • rick_chasey
    Pick one!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Greggyr wrote:

We can go for a post-work effort if that gets more traction.
    I would be open to an evening drink, can't do the afternoon unfortunately.
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    Just had a look at the "Classic Jersey" thread and came here to suggest "Pot Belge". :roll:
  • Moomaloid
    So why not for Flanders then..?? Or are we all against dragging ourselves away from our prime position in front of the TV, having shoo'd everyone out for the day. Tea, Beer, snacks, feet up, remotes lined up neatly on the arm...
  • rick_chasey
    Moomaloid wrote:
    So why not for Flanders then..?? Or are we all against dragging ourselves away from our prime position in front of the TV, having shoo'd everyone out for the day. Tea, Beer, snacks, feet up, remotes lined up neatly on the arm...

Yeah... and you know it'll be HEAVING.

And you might get tired of my "if only this was on sporza" comments.
  • Moomaloid
    Will it be heaving? i've never even been there.... maybe we work their dish to pick up Sporza? Then we can hear the commentator go... "uh oh.... UH OH... Tom Tom Tom Tom..." as he's left behind ;)
  • rick_chasey
    Totally going to float this.

I have authority to anyway.

So, what's the decision guys?