whats this? another new cube??

James0911
James0911 Posts: 43
edited March 2012 in Your mountain bikes
hi everyone, i've been lurking on here for a little while now so i thought i might as well get some pics up of my bike... so with out further ado here she is
b71dd398.jpg
7b7fec09.jpg
6954575f.jpg
and here's one from the maiden voyage (just a small pootle along the wivenhoe "trail" for some chips)
559a22b3.jpg

annoyingly i've only managed that small ride due to somebody jumping a red light, and writing my car off :(
so i'm now sitting here with a screwed shoulder, bad back/meck and a very lonely looking bike in my bedroom
p.s sorry for the crappy iphone pics lol
cheers
james

Comments

• chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    very nice, but why 2, his n hers ? looks like your kitchen is going to be a bit crowded :lol:
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • James0911
    chez_m356 wrote:
    very nice, but why 2, his n hers ? looks like your kitchen is going to be a bit crowded :lol:

Ah indeed, got SWMBO an access pro as you can see in the background lol,
    We do have an outside lock up but I'm not putting the bikes in there until I've got a ground anchor and a few other security bits installed as I'm slightly paranoid due to my last bike being stolen :(
  • Rob801
    Rob801 Posts: 43
    Very nice (not the part about your accident)!

I'm hoping to post some similar pics soon but my bike hasn't arrived yet. Track and Trace says it made it into the country (Denmark) yesterday so I'm really hoping it gets here today... Did yours also come from BikeDiscount.de (noticed the "HS" on the sticker)?
  • James0911
    Rob801 wrote:
    Very nice (not the part about your accident)!

I'm hoping to post some similar pics soon but my bike hasn't arrived yet. Track and Trace says it made it into the country (Denmark) yesterday so I'm really hoping it gets here today... Did yours also come from BikeDiscount.de (noticed the "HS" on the sticker)?
    I did indeed, very very impressed with their service!
    It's quite funny really because DHL managed to get them from Germany to Ipswich in just over 24 hours... And parcel force took 3 DAYS to get them from Ipswich to Colchester (16 miles!!!)
    The only thing I overlooked was the fact the brakes are opposite in Germany so my test ride was a learning curve lol. Just need to bleed them and swap the lines and I'll be ready to rock once my back and shoulder clear up :-(
  • Rob801
    Rob801 Posts: 43
    LoL me too... mine arrived just after I posted. I'm gonna make my own thread soon.

Mine came in two shipments. The first with DPD took about 1.5 days but the actual bike was sent with DHL and that wasn't quite as smooth (T&T was slow to update and since they sent it Thursday evening it seemed like forever because of the weekend, and it transfered from DHL to Post Danmark in DK). But it was still only four work days...

TBH I don't remember how the brakes were set up on my last Cube (which I bought locally) but it might be the same here as in Germany anyway. It didn't bother me on my short test ride in any case ;).
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    Looking good dude

vk_smiley_thumbs_up.gif

Hope you recover quick enough.. Should pop over for an XC ride to Cwmcarn sometime
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • James0911
    Looking good dude

vk_smiley_thumbs_up.gif

Hope you recover quick enough.. Should pop over for an XC ride to Cwmcarn sometime

i'd love to cheers fella, as soon as i feel fit enough and i've got another car sorted and all the racks etc. i'll be straight there! lol, although you'll have to bear with me as i haven't ridden properly for around 4 years so my skills are a little rusty (well more than a little, they've seized up lol)
    i'm just glad that i can claim back for the racks and carriers! i'd be £300 (ish) out of pocket and then i'd have to buy more as well !!! and my insurers have agreed to pay list price for them so i'm not going to lose anything on them if they suddenly drop the prices :D
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    Sounds good dude, good to see insurers applying the principle of Indemnity correctly and fairly :lol:

Keep us posted then!
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • James0911
    like i said as soon as i feel up to it i'll be straight there :D although i'm in pretty "rag order" at the minute to be honest, i'm doing that thing where a groan seems to accompany every major change in position... and i'm only 20 :oops:
    i'm getting really wound up because i had to wait an extra week to get my bike (due to my bank being run by incompetent numpty's) then i had to wait two days after putting them together to even be able to ride it... and then the crash happened after the first voyage and the bikes been stored in my room (much to the detest of the mrs.) ever since :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: