Gisburn Hope Line - Face Plant

Comments

• James0911
    James0911 Posts: 43
    ooouuuccchhh!!! That made me cringe slightly seeing him arcing towards the ground lol
  • Stevo210
    Stevo210 Posts: 196
    James0911 wrote:
    seeing him
    Me too as it was I :(
  • James0911
    James0911 Posts: 43
    Ooofff I bet you were saw for a while bud,
  • Stevo210
    James0911 wrote:
    Ooofff I bet you were saw for a while bud,
    Still am matey, only did it on Saturday. I'll soon be back to riding like my mum!!
  • sanchez89
    sanchez89 Posts: 567
    holy cack man!!

that is my worst fear, and the reason im on a jumps and drops course the end of this month.

hope you get back to full strength soon buddy.
    2011 KHS Full Susser Carbon 29er Race Build
    Clank wrote:
    M'eh, I might just go back to zapping it with frikken lay-zur beeeems. And sharks.
  • Stevo210
    Not KO'd but the impact of the GoPro trying to puncture my lungs winded so bad I couldnt breath for a while and I thought I'd broke my ribs :( I had forgotten it was attached, didn't know it had fallen off I just thought it was the impact of the ground initially that was the cause of so much pain.
    sanchez89 wrote:
    that is my worst fear,
    Seems daft that it can go so wrong so easliy. My first run was perfect, well in my head anyway, I didnt crash so thats good in my book. Just the one lapse of concentration, body weight to far forward, maybe head down, not sure. But hats off to the talented skilled riders that make it look soooo easy.
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    Bloody hell!

Gizzy is my normal run and that second table has a wicked kick which was redone around a month ago and it just throws you up, as you found out.

On your first run did you manage the kicker over the berm then the far drop in? love that bit!!

Get well soon and maybe hook up next time you go gizzy.
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • Stevo210
    Not quite sure which bit you mean. So here's the run.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0wyJa8LTBM

Comparing the two runs this is a lot slower, maybe a reconnaissance run, before I gunned it like a muppet :)

Yeah I'll drop you an email the next time we venture up.
  • 1mancity2
    Nice run! at 44secs in pause and look were your left hand is, see the kicker?

you jump that over were you go with your bike and take the further drop which is bigger than the one you did.

Looks like they have altered the end as well since I was last up.
  • Stevo210
    Ah I hadn't seen that. I'm not that talented or quick enough to have used that to take the other line.
    Maybe with some more practice.
  • 1mancity2
    Yeah it takes a bit to get it but once you do its a great line to take, also a little tip for the jumps as you come out of the forest, hit them slow, too fast and they throw you, you can still get decent height and length as they all have kickers.