My Ribble Stealth

TheFly
TheFly Posts: 6
edited March 2012 in Your road bikes
Stealth.jpg

My new ribble stealth in the process of being pimped! Just need some good weather!

Comments

• max888
    max888 Posts: 206
    :shock: WOW, that's cool!!! 8) . I love the barely visible ribble logo and the little touches of red.
  • That is a stunning looking bike, I love the colour (or lack of).
    How much was it in that spec?
  • riggsy81
    riggsy81 Posts: 281
    that is a stunning looking bike, I will be going to Ribble very soon to see one in the flesh as I can feel a purchase coming on :D
    I̶m̶ ̶t̶i̶r̶e̶d̶
    I̶t̶s̶ ̶r̶a̶i̶n̶i̶n̶g̶
    I̶t̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶l̶a̶t̶e̶
    NO EXCUSES
    JUST RIDE!!!
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,823
    Nice!

How you find the sram wheels?
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • gmb
    gmb Posts: 456
    Love this bike. Very understated and I do like sloping top tubes. Did you get this built at Ribble or is it a self build? Could you also post the full spec? Thanks.
    Trying Is The First Step Towards Failure

De Rosa Milanino :-
    http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab78 ... -00148.jpg
  • TheFly
    Hi

Thanks for the comments. Is a ribble special edition build with sram force but wanted the bb30 option so had to upgrade the crank to Red as the the adapter can't be removed. Ended up just short of £1,500.

Replaced the Prolite Comos with the Sram S30 Sprint as the fudgecycles offer was to good to refuse. They are really light and smooth.

Really happy with it but don't have much to compare it with as its only my second bike (first being the classic blue Ribble)!
  • Very nice looking bike. whats the weight of that.
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    TheFly wrote:
    Hi

Thanks for the comments. Is a ribble special edition build with sram force but wanted the bb30 option so had to upgrade the crank to Red as the the adapter can't be removed. Ended up just short of £1,500.

Replaced the Prolite Comos with the Sram S30 Sprint as the fudgecycles offer was to good to refuse. They are really light and smooth.

Really happy with it but don't have much to compare it with as its only my second bike (first being the classic blue Ribble)!

I was wondering about this BB30 thing. What do you mean "the adaptor can't be removed"? Why can't a force crank utilise the BB30 ?

Confused about BB30 :?
  • TheFly
    I was wondering about this BB30 thing. What do you mean "the adaptor can't be removed"? Why can't a force crank utilise the BB30 ?

The guy in the shop was saying that they press-fit a shim in to make the bottom bracket smaller which can't be removed. Sram do a Force BB30 crankset but was told they don't stock it, i think they must buy only the standard Force groupsets in bulk to save money.
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    TheFly wrote:

The guy in the shop was saying that they press-fit a shim in to make the bottom bracket smaller which can't be removed. Sram do a Force BB30 crankset but was told they don't stock it, i think they must buy only the standard Force groupsets in bulk to save money.

Ah so if you want to use the BB30 you either upgrade the crankset to red or build the bike up yourself and buy the groupset elsewhere (assuming you want sram force or course).

Disaster averted! I though you could buy a sram force BB30 crankset later but the adapter thingy is stuck in the frame once installed.

Thanks for the heads up on this.
  • TheFly
    Ah so if you want to use the BB30 you either upgrade the crankset to red or build the bike up yourself and buy the groupset elsewhere (assuming you want sram force or course).

Disaster averted! I though you could buy a sram force BB30 crankset later but the adapter thingy is stuck in the frame once installed.

Yeah it nearly caught me out don't think there are many options for the BB30 FSA or SRAM.
    Ribble were good about it they just charged me the difference in price for the new crank and bottom bracket.
  • The-beast
    The-beast Posts: 140
    Yeah my skinny ginger mates just bought one of those, same wheels too :lol:
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Very nice. Reminds me of this though.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo8Qls0HnWo
  • its Fugly! :P
  • c0ugars
    c0ugars Posts: 202
    the sram red chainset it much nicer than the force i find anyway, i much prefer it on my bike. i love the naked look of the frame a really beautiful bike and good spec for the money!!
  • CRAIGO5000
    CRAIGO5000 Posts: 697
    Great looking bike - I've sent to a PM as I'm currently deciding on my build for the same bike. I want the SRAM rival but with the same red BB30 crank you have.

What bar tape colour is that and also which stem, saddle and seat post did you go with?

Thanks,
    Craig
    Ribble Stealth/SRAM Force
    2007 Specialized Allez (Double) FCN - 3
  • Nice looking bike. I got my stealth last week. Was surprised how comfortable it was right out of the box just a few adjustments of cleats and seat heights. Am very happy with it, sure you will be too