Freeminer Trail re-route, Forest of Dean

CourtHMP
CourtHMP Posts: 21
edited March 2012 in Routes
What's all this I hear about the Freeminer Trail being partially re-routed and downgraded to a Blue Trail? It has suffered a lot from neglect over the last few years, and many of the trickier sections have pretty much just worn away, but I've also been told that the re-route will avoid the only stand-out feature currently remaining - the rooty drop.

The only criticism I've ever heard about the other trail at that centre, the Verderers Trail, is that it's too easy - so instead of making the Freeminer's easier, wouldn't it make more sense to beef it up a bit and provide some contrast?

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    But theres nothing tough on the free miners apart from its a bit slippery on the roots. So really they'd have to redesign the whole trail to make it tougher. The verderers trail is definitely more fun
  • CourtHMP
    CourtHMP Posts: 21
    Welshkev (Keven?) - Well they could reinstate some of the drop-offs that have worn away to become piddley little slopes for a start. But in any case, they ARE redesigning at least some of the trail - my point is that this could have been used as a good opportunity to bring the thing back up to a Red grade, not drop it down to blue.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    yeah, good point. as they already have a blue trail it may have made more sense to have a decent red trail there aswell.

it's kevin, but good guess :wink::lol: