Rear mech spares

Bred2shred
Bred2shred Posts: 306
edited March 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
While doin a bit of maintenance i noticed that my xt shadow had been shunted back a bit off of the stop on the hanger and the chain has almost sliced through the little guide tab on the inner plate.

Anybody know if or where i could buy this part as i'm just about to put on a new chain and dont want to ruine it.

Cheers.
Never argue with an idiot, he'll only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comments

• pics?
    worst moment ever...
    buzzing down twisting single track then.... psssst BANG!!!
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Can't see that happening unless you had the chain on the wrong side and would assume you would have heard it.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Bred2shred
    Here's a pic
    Might just be wear and tear but i've never had this happen before.

2n9xpgm.jpg
    Never argue with an idiot, he'll only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
  • Horton
    Horton Posts: 327
    cooldad wrote:
    Can't see that happening unless you had the chain on the wrong side and would assume you would have heard it.

Apparently the op didn't hear it.

The chain goes on the other side of the tab:

shimano_xtr_m980_rear_derailleur_2_600.jpg
  • Bred2shred
    Well i'll be damned, just when you think your an intelligent human being you go and prove yourself wrong by doing something monumentally stupid. :lol:

Cheers guys.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    You aren't the first to do that, and won't be the last. Seen quite a few threads from people wondering why their mech suddenly makes a noise after fitting a new chain or whatever..
    It will work fine like that, but if you want I have one lying around, not perfect but better than yours. If you want it pm me your address and I'll drop it in the post.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools