Shoes for Shimano Trail Pedals?

mfereborn
mfereborn Posts: 480
edited March 2012 in MTB buying advice
Ive decided to leave my flats behind and revert back to SPD's so in a moment of panic i have bought some basic shimano trail SPD's.

My worry now thoguh is that the cage may prevent some shoes easily clipping in, and i DESPISE the look of their All-Mountain BMX inspired shoes.

Can anyone confirm that ALL other shimano MTB shoes are comatible, otherwise can anyone recommend me some that do work well with them?

I'm thinking i should have just bought M520 pedals now to save the hassle.
The Frog: Lapierre Zesty 214 2010 - Upgraded - W.I.P

Comments

• bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    mfereborn wrote:
    Ive decided to leave my flats behind and revert back to SPD's so in a moment of panic i have bought some basic shimano trail SPD's.

My worry now thoguh is that the cage may prevent some shoes easily clipping in, and i DESPISE the look of their All-Mountain BMX inspired shoes.

Can anyone confirm that ALL other shimano MTB shoes are comatible, otherwise can anyone recommend me some that do work well with them?

I'm thinking i should have just bought M520 pedals now to save the hassle.
    What shoe and what pedal?
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    mfereborn wrote:
    Can anyone confirm that ALL other shimano MTB shoes are comatible
    Yup all Shimano MTB SPD shoes are compatible with all Shimano MTB SPD pedals
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    when i was on the darkside i had shimano caged spds.. i never had any issues clipping into them,, also any of my spd shoes would work with the pedals..
  • mfereborn
    mfereborn Posts: 480
    Cheers guys, appreciate the posts - i just wanted confirmation that shimano trail pedasl would be compatible with all of their shoes as i read online reviews stating some other brand shoes didnt fit properly due to the surrounding cage.

I've gone and bought Shimano pedal and shimano shoes so all should be well.

id tell you what i bought but i dont remember the numbers for the life of me.
    The Frog: Lapierre Zesty 214 2010 - Upgraded - W.I.P
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Just for reference, I've got DHB M1s and Specialized Defrosters and both are fine with my XT Trail SPDs.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."