New chain jumps in 8th sprocket. *IMAGE*

2»

Comments

• Horton wrote:
    I think what Ben meant was you shouldn't be running granny ring on the front and smallest sprocket on the back (likewise big to big is a no no) The chainline is too extreme and can lead to the chain catching which isn't always apparent on a stand as relatively little pressure is being put through the system. These combos can also cause more chain wear and are normally gears that can be replicated with a better choice of chainring/sprocket I.e. small/small is a similar ratio to middle/middle but the latter gives a far straighter chainline and has more tension in the chain as the derailleur will be pulled forward so it's less likely to skip and jump as the bike bounces around.

Of course the above is only relevant to you if the problem you're having occurs when in small/small combos...
    Oh i see what you are saying, but i actually never do this because i learned this a few years ago, I run it on gear 2 on 1st deraleur and 8th on the rear
  • jode
    jode Posts: 5
    From that last image, it sure does look like the derailleur hanger is seriously out of alignment.