Specalized free hub

bramstoker
bramstoker Posts: 250
edited March 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Anyone know the type of free hub specalized use? My pitch pro rear hub is knackered. And anyone also know if i can get a 20mm to 15mm adapter for the front?

Cheers
A feather is kinky, a whole chicken is just perverse.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    what are the hubs?

if Specalized own what wheels?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • bramstoker
    They are Specalized own, with alexrims, no other markings, all i know is that its a sunken star type free hub when removed.

The specs were given as
    Rims:
    Pitch Disc specific, 26mm, pin joint, eyelets, 32hole
    Front Hub:
    Hi-Lo disc, 20mm thru-axle, 32 hole
    Rear Hub:
    Disc, double sealed cartridge bearing, high/low flange with OS contact side, 32hole, quick release
    Cheers
  • mrmonkfinger
    mrmonkfinger Posts: 1,452
    sunken star type free hub

???

maybe best going back to your local shop to get a replacement?

or post some pictures on here, some of the regulars have encyclopaedic knowledge of this kind of thing
  • baznav73
    baznav73 Posts: 111
    we have had to send the freehubs back to specialized in some instances to get them identified and the correct one sent back so they can be a bit of a pain, wish they were more like trek and giant who picture all there freehubs on their websites and tech manuals.
  • bramstoker
    baznav73 wrote:
    we have had to send the freehubs back to specialized in some instances to get them identified and the correct one sent back so they can be a bit of a pain, wish they were more like trek and giant who picture all there freehubs on their websites and tech manuals.

That would be nice. Anyway phoned the spesh store and got em to order one for me to collect, would have prefered to get it with a order from CRC, but such is life.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    my 2010 pitch pro had to have the freehub replaced 2 weeks after i bought it. The stock wheelset isn't fantastic.