Anyone know where the PUSH parts live in a PUSH'd RP23?

Northwind
Northwind Posts: 14,675
edited March 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Seems likely that the answer here is "send them to TF"- but I've ended up with a kashima'd RP23 and a PUSH'd RP23, both the equivalent model other than the coating and the PUSH job. So I'd like to turn that into one ULTRARP23!!oNE. Swapping the air can and stanchion parts is very easy but I must admit I have no idea where the worky gubbinz lives and if there would be more involved in getting that all in the right place... Any advice?
Uncompromising extremist

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Is all in the damper - they reshim it. Don't open the damper though!
  • Northwind
    <adopts stupid voice>

But where is the damper?

Seriously, I know it's daft but I treat suspension like lego, I can take it to bits and put it back together the same and make it go but I haven't a clue what I'm looking at!
    Uncompromising extremist
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Actually, looking at the service guide, the damper is fixed into the shock 'stacnhion' it seems. I am not sure you can do the swap, I have never taken apart further than this.
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Isn't your Kashima RP23 the Adaptive logic kind? You'll loose that too if you switch. You'd be best off getting the kashima one push'ed and selling the push one.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • Northwind
    Nah, it's a proper propedal one... Not really a fan of the adaptive logic setup tbh.

But anyway, you're right enough, it'll basically amount to 2 services to get the parts swapped over so almost as expensive as just getting the new one PUSH'd- so no point doing it. Not as neat as I'd hoped but never mind. Cheers folks!
    Uncompromising extremist
  • do you still need both shocks?

Might be reading it wrong, but why can't you just sell the pushed rp23 and get the kashima one pushed?
  • Northwind
    Aye,that's what I'll end up doing now since plan A doesn't work. Though tbh I might just resist entirely, the standard tune is working really well with the kashima upgrade, manages to be really supportive but still supple which I've never had a standard RP do. Quite impressed.

<INTERVENED BY TEH MODZ>
    Uncompromising extremist
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Should get the banstick. No pics. No price. Wrong section.
    Shocking.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Northwind
    I do like a nice double standard.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Northy, if it was a few months down the line and i hadnt just spanked so much on the Pitch would be very interested as finding decent 2nd hand 200x57 aint a regular thing. Lol.
    Modded 2010 Spesh Pitch Comp
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12839087
    Rockrider 8.1 - Now transformed to bmy commuting singlespeed!