lack of equipment

scottx1
scottx1 Posts: 3
HI All just a quick question....i work privately in Afghanistan and other remote areas and often find myself with basic gym kit at best,is there any programs out there for maintaining/improving fitness whilst having the lack of equipment unlike our gym`s back home.....please help cos im getting my ass kicked on bike weekends by my mates and i used to be all over these guys lol...hope you can help

Comments

• njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Plenty of stuff you can do without any equipment - squat thrusts, sit ups, press-ups etc etc. Depends what you want to achieve.
  • Thanks i was after some programs or sites where i could find some...just after maintaining or even improving
  • Rankles
    Rankles Posts: 144
    Mate look up the TRX trainer. Designed by marines for that very purpose! And one of my favourite all over conditioning workout tools.
  • Rankles wrote:
    Mate look up the TRX trainer. Designed by marines for that very purpose! And one of my favourite all over conditioning workout tools.

isnt the point of his post about lack of gear not buying more :wink:

On topic though, yes there are tons of things you can do.

Might be a good idea if possible to chat to the military guys around as im sure they have plenty of lovely workouts you can do within a small space which can improve fitness, but simple answer is circuits.
    London2Brighton Challange 100k!
    http://www.justgiving.com/broxbourne-runners
  • Rankles
    Rankles Posts: 144
    Rankles wrote:

isnt the point of his post about lack of gear not buying more :wink:

On topic though, yes there are tons of things you can do.

Might be a good idea if possible to chat to the military guys around as im sure they have plenty of lovely workouts you can do within a small space which can improve fitness, but simple answer is circuits.

Nah he has no access to equipment, the trx fits in your bag.
  • he said"often find myself with basic gym kit at best," basic kit is all you need.

Other than that your own body is enough to do all the exercises you need, no need to fancy gym gear, even a broom handle can be used to do plenty of exercises/pull-ups/inclined pull-ups.

Press-ups, burpies,squats,lunges, simple exercises which do far more for you than any gym can do.

When i see some people in gyms doing gym exercises if pretty funny given how big they are yet they have the muscle endurace of a 6 year old girl.....

Fot good sites, try runningtimes.com they have lots of good exercises or look at military forums for good circuits.
    London2Brighton Challange 100k!
    http://www.justgiving.com/broxbourne-runners
  • DCR00
    DCR00 Posts: 2,160
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/get-rip ... sode-1.htm

This is a killer circuit. I can manage four circuits before falling over...