Good Morning Weds, yeah I said Weds what of it?

Gazlar
Gazlar Posts: 8,084
edited February 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Morning scuttlers

Early start again today, off to Barry Island, again, and Pontypridd and Aberdare, but I'm sure you dont want to know that, but to be honest now I've taken the trouble to write it, I'm hardly going to delete it am I?

Work will be followed by a decent gym session, yesterdays ride was shortened as Mrs G wanted to come, so we did 8 miles of laps round Bute park instead which was a nice little spin.

This Evening i am off to watch Wales play Costa Rica which should be a decent way to spend an evening before retiring to bed in readiness for more work tommorrow.

Anyway until later on, I'd like to wish you all an above average day, not too much above average that it makes tommorrow seem a disappointment, but enough to make today a decent one

Much Love
Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
Amy
Farnsworth
Zapp

Comments

• projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    tired as fuck, spent a good amount of time last night trying to get the kinect to work on the netbook which isn't gonna work as it needs more power etc.

work, pub at lunch, work, football
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • Mehning!

Damn tired today. Yesterday consisted of work, then a rehearsal during work, then I went over the road to the pub and had White Russians with Hot Librarian, then back to hers, then a 4 or 5 mile walk home. Feck.
    Foxc, you're always welcome to Leeds you know :) My brother owns his own horses and gives lessons/rides or something like that. You'd actually be able to make my brother useful to me!

Anywho, today is the concert - massively underrehearsed and going to make a huuuuuuuge loss (of thousands!), but it'll be funny.

Laters
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Morning, its wednesday so means a stupid amount of driving, site visits and phonecalls from customers/colleagues asking when i'll be back at me desk :roll:

Got out on the bike last night for a bit of a blast, god its good. plus the chest didnt cave in, nor did i end up in a pile of my own phlegm. which is nice.
    Feel so much better this morning, no coughing yet, bonus.

Right onwards to more coffee and porridge!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Greetings Maggots,

Off to the east end of the M4 for a job interview today, wit a company who's name is also the title of a song by the band formed by Mick Jones (ex The Clash) So, can you guess it?
    Enough trivial crap. I got to get on the road..
  • mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    weds, one day before thurs, thurs being secondary school reveal day for lil miss mak3m
  • Morning all,

finishing up a few things for work for tomorrows meeting, back in England tomorrow so looking forward to finally going back for a few days. Nothing much on the cards today, working and relaxing and packing.

Enjoy your day guys.
  • Gazlar
    Hmmm

I'm on my lunch, so obviously in starbucks, but on the way there I have just been cacked on from a great height by a seagull as I bought a big issue. I don't know if that is a metaphor for anything, but what I can tell you is that seagull poop stinks
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Gazlar wrote:
    Hmmm

I'm on my lunch, so obviously in starbucks, but on the way there I have just been cacked on from a great height by a seagull as I bought a big issue. I don't know if that is a metaphor for anything, but what I can tell you is that seagull poop stinks
    Picture0003.jpg
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin', window-lickers (and Nelson)

Today so far features no bird s**t *. It also features no coffee yet, so I'll go and amend that. Then it's into our composites workshop, whereabouts I shall proceed to make several sheets of material for subsequent testing.

Tonight, I am out being sociable and eating pizza.

Aww yeah, living the high life.

Owards! To coffee! And composites!

*although I am getting some s**t off a bird who I'd rather talk to via an intermediary. Preferabley a Medium.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    today is good, ran just over 7 miles last night & back is still ok. Which means cycle into work tomorrow is on - so all good, hence for a moment of weakness I did the tea round for the team (though to be fair only one of them was in).....
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bum bandits

I love Wednesdays, they're like a little weekend in the middle of the week. Only 1 lecture today, from one of the best lecturers I've ever had.

This is followed by a hockey match this afternoon. Last weekend we won 11-1 I think, I got 2 touches of the ball and took a meh attitude to their goal (we were winning by so many I'd taken half my pads off to go have a piss).

Today however I'm absolutely bricking it, it's getting to the buisiness end of the season, we've got quite a weak team after losing half the guys to clinical rotations and other fancy things. Add to that this really is a local grudge match and suddenly I don't really want to be letting any goals in.

Laterz
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    Morning all,

Peak of the week! Missk is off to Turin for. Few days with work so I am going to be out on the bike or fettling the old specialized. Decided to ressurect it and ride it for a bit longer, then when we have space in te house so I don't have to dismantle one ride and keep it in a bag under the bed then I will be ordering a yt industries steed.

My sky Internet seems to be pretty slow since I moved the router 30cms the other day. I have a feeling that the ribbon thin cable linking it to the filter on the way is damaged, otherwise I will be one the phone to sky, especially as my subscriptions due for renewal!

Took a fair while, 5 hours, to upload a 350mb video to Vimeo! That ain't right surely Shirley

Anyway off to do some work!
  • Kaise wrote:
    Peak of the week! Missk is off to Turin for. Few days with work so I am going to be out murdering prostitutes

Morning Homos.

Last day of the month.

Already done 30min on the turbo. Off to work in a minute to try and sort the mess that's been left over from yesterday.

Will do another 30min on the turbo later tonight. Eating better now and have started on the road to losing 30lb. Feels good to be exercising again!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Morning Dingleberries,

Feeling tired as I had to get up and take junior to school for an early class, I'd almost forgotten what 7am looked like :-) Off for a roadie ride later this morning to help get the ski legs back, then it's time to bollock the useless excuse for a decorator who can't even get a quote to us when we ask him :roll:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morninng all,

i'm spending the morning supervising some guys putting up some brackets so i can install my projectors, so i'm basically skiving :lol:

feel crap today cos i didn't go out on the bike last night, my mate wasn't going so i didn't either..damn it!!

ah well, early finish today pick up some new gear cables and then pick my son up, then home to finish building the new hardtail.

laters
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'ning
    Not the best night's sleep last night, but that'd be from the caffeine of copious cups of tea during the wake, and the endorphins from the gym/being followed around by hot gym guy.

Just in work from the physio, all going well, one more appointment and then I should be signed off.
    Got some catching up to do at work, new chain to buy after shredding another one on Saturday and then I'm off to the cinema with a friend.

Thanks for the offer Mule, I may well take you up on that...when I'm back from next week's holiday... ;)

Onward! to....oh... meh, 100 emails.
    Kisses
    FoxC
  • Morning fraggles

Have a long day at work followed by dumping/ending of (whatever it is when you've been seeing someone for a few weeks) followed by gym followed by sorting out sprocket on new wheels.

Any help/advice with best method of dumping much appreciated, I've only know. The girl four weeks and she's already gone crazy..
    All hail the FSM and his noodly appendage!
  • Dirtrider
    Dirtrider Posts: 1,611
    suggest that you are exclusively into scat loving. If she agrees, you have a keeper.
    For Sale:

Specialized P3 Frame

Marzocchi Z2 Atom 80mm
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Morning fraggles

Have a long day at work followed by dumping/ending of (whatever it is when you've been seeing someone for a few weeks) followed by gym followed by sorting out sprocket on new wheels.

Any help/advice with best method of dumping much appreciated, I've only know. The girl four weeks and she's already gone crazy..

if it's only been 4 weeks, then surely just not calling her back is enough? :lol:

failing that just plain and simple, "it's just not working out" should suffice
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Day off and no bike. Plan of action thus far consists of bacon. Will most likely be downhill from there, so gonna stick yhe whole pack between 2 slices of bread with a couple of fried eggs thrown in to finish me off.

Might aswell bleed the brakes whilst they aren't attached to owt.

Rock n roll
  • Morning All,

Today i've avoiding as dealing with people at work as much as possible, I'm really losing faith at the moment the larget majority of people seem to be totaly crazy. I'm so demotivated at the moment :(

looking forward to lighter evenings, not really used the nightlights this winter since most of local riding buddies have moved on in the last ear or so, and night riding on my own just isn't as much fun :(

So all in all today in the words of marvin the paranoid android. " i'm so depressed!"
  • foxc_uk wrote:
    Thanks for the offer Mule, I may well take you up on that...when I'm back from next week's holiday... ;)

You're off next week too. So am i ;)

Let the stalking commence!!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Gazlar
    edited February 2012
    foxc_uk wrote:

Immitation is the sincerest form of flattery ;)

Besides, you need a week off to stalk? Amateur, if you were any good you'd fit it around a normal working week!
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    Today didn't start well... the mrs's car is going back to the lease company mon, despite her having known this for 3 months it has become my problem to find someone last minute to fix the 'wear & tear' issues (due to her treating it like a skip on wheels) so that the lease company doesn't stitch us up for many £100's in repair bills.

:roll:
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    foxc_uk wrote:

Good luck with that, I'm out of the country for a short while ;)
  • Morning fudge packers !
    Doing naff all today, day 3/night 3 of my 4 off ! So i'm making the most of no wife and kids and will be catching up on my tv, shameless,gypsie weddings and stripping and cleaning the mong...oose, she's got to go the doctors on friday. :(
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Another day off on the sick, but at least I'm starting to feel better today, and I can almost hear properly again.

One thing worries me though. Apparently, today, hos can ask bros to marry them, right? Well, if we get askred, we ARE still allowed to refuse, right?
  • Another day off on the sick, but at least I'm starting to feel better today, and I can almost hear properly again.

One thing worries me though. Apparently, today, hos can ask bros to marry them, right? Well, if we get askred, we ARE still allowed to refuse, right?

yup its called dumping there evil possesive asses :p
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Another day off on the sick, but at least I'm starting to feel better today, and I can almost hear properly again.

yup its called dumping there evil possesive asses :p
    Ah, good. I thought I was going to have to find a load of ditches.
  • well you could go with teh ditch approach if you want?

i mean its gotta be satisfying :)