Insurance - any suggestions please?

adamop
adamop Posts: 2
edited February 2012 in MTB general
Hi,
I am the proud owner of a mountain bike worth £2,200 and obviously I am keen to get this insured as soon as possible.
I was wondering what insurers other people have gone for and what sort of price bracket would be reasonable for this value of bike.
Any thoughts would be greatly received.

Comments

• Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Goooooogggglleeeeeee.co.uk
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Some people take seperate insurance, some include it under their household policies.
    Mine is either in the house, on my roofrack or being ridden so I don't bother.
    Have a hack for if I feel the urge to ride to the shops.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • There are some good separate policies, however I cover my road and MTB's under my household policy with Marks & Spencer as they give the best cover.

TT bike is covered elsewhere but thats as I need cover whilst racing - but do a quick google search and you will find something pretty good for what you want.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • Rankles
    Rankles Posts: 144
    I use a company called ETA as I commute on mine everywhere in Summer.

They do new for old cover so if my six year old Rockhopper that I leave locked with a Kryptonite lock by Ealing Broadway station every night in the dark away from any streetlights and sheltered from view of the road happened to go missing I'd get a brand new Rockhopper.

That was all a joke and a lie by the way, my bikes in my hallway. But it is insured for that, you should check them out.