Full suss frame for a boardman donor....

daisbuys
daisbuys Posts: 167
edited February 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi guys

I'm thinking of purchasing a nearly new boardman pro hardtail and using it as a donor bike.

The forks are 120mm Rebas which are tapered.

Can anyone list a frame which will fit these forks.....and do you thing it's a good idea?

I'm looking at the 2010 onwards Giant Anthem X and Trance X.

Although the Anthem should have 100mm forks, people who have fitted more travel are finding nowt wrong with it!

Can anyone name any other full suss frames which have approx 120mm of travel which use a tapered fork which I can take into consideration?

Thanks guys

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Surely this is the wrong way round, you buy a frame you like and then buy a donor that suites it, buying a frame that will take bits from a donor you've chosen arbitrarily seems all wrong!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • daisbuys
    daisbuys Posts: 167
    What can I say.....I'm different lol

In all honesty I want the trance but can't find any cheap enough frames to warrant the build.

I have been offered a 2011 Anthem X frame brand new for £750 but am concerned about the amount of travel up front in comparison to the front?

So was just wondering what other frames are out there to further my options.....that is all lol
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    You can buy new Anthem X5 for £899, and trance not much more! Would be cheaper just to buy a whole new bike to start.

Anthem X3, £1300:

http://www.pedalon.co.uk/acatalog/giant_anthem_x3_.html
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    daisbuys wrote:
    What can I say.....I'm different lol

concerned about the amount of travel up front in comparison to the front?

Er?

Some things will fit, some won't.
    Forks - is the steerer tube long enough?

Headset, seatpost and clamp, BB, axles/wheels, cable lengths, could all be a problem.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Or just buy a Boardman full sus.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools