Cannondale CAAD2 Bath 3/11/2011

STEFANOS4784
STEFANOS4784 Posts: 4,109
edited March 2012 in Road stolen
Reddish orangy Cannondale nicked from Bath picture in Winter beast ling below.

Any info greatfully recieved.

Ta.

Comments

• Well well well.

I got my bike back :D

I was cycling home up the Bath-Bristol cycle track on Sunday and spotted a narrow boat parked at the side of the river a little way up from the big factory near bath (Locksbrooke road for anyone who knows it) and it had my bike locked to the back of it!

I knew it was mine because it still had my Ultegra SL spd sl's on it and also the mis match wheels, of which the rear spacing was to wide for the frame so the likeliness that someone else did exactly the same was very slim.

I went home and called the police, described all the changes I had made to the bike in detail. I didn't hold out much hope for the police to do anything, going by what I've read on here and also because there was some football game on so thought they may be busy.

Anyhoo, I walked back down to the canal and just as i was getting onto the path I saw a police car pull up. I hang back a bit and they started walking in the direction of my bike :).

I found a suitably subtle place to watch and eventually saw them leading a man away.

I proceded to the pub to celebrate and about an hour later I got a phone call to say my bike had been recovered and they had someone in custody arrested for handling stolen goods.

So there we are. I have my bike back nearly 3 months after it being stolen and a big thumbs up to Bath police for their handling of the matter.

Most chuffed and surprised, don't give up hope folks :D
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Nice one!
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Good news :-)
    Regards from The Slapster, Cornwall, UK

Chronologically inept since 2026

Who Rides Cubes:
    On the road - 2011 Cube Streamer
    On the trail - 2012 Cube Elite Super HPC Pro
  • Glad you got it back. Also very calm of you to continue past it when you knew it was yours.
  • Woo yeh, one up for the honest people :)
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Would have been nice to smash his thieving face in though
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Would have been nice to smash his thieving face in though

Maybe just untie his boat in the middle of the night.
  • Bike-Rich
    Bike-Rich Posts: 275
    Great result!

How did the bike get stolen, did they cut through the lock?

I cycle into bath a lot on the bristol route (sometimes continue on the branford-avon path). Where exactly did it happen?
  • STEFANOS4784
    STEFANOS4784 Posts: 4,109
    I had left work and realised I needed to go shopping so stupidly assumed it would be OK locked to the bike racks opposite the Wetherspoons on James Street West over night. Came in to work the next day and it had gone.

If you regularly ride the track then keep an eye out for the narrow boat. It is still there and has a pirate flag on the top of it as well as a Union Jack and one of those confederate American flags i think?

Also has a Mountain bike locked to the rails on the track with a trailer attached. Located about a mile from Bath town centre. :mrgreen: