Training for Etape Du Tour - North Wales

Armoredinca
Armoredinca Posts: 80
Anyone in the Wrexham/Chester area training for this years Etape Du Tour??? And fancy a fellow entrant tagging along for a couple of training rides and perhaps sharing some advice training/nutrition etc?? If so, then let me know when and where you ride from?
Cheers Chris
1nca

Comments

• Hi Chris, I'm a member of Fibrax Wrexham road club and we meet up every Sunday at Total Fitness in Wrexham if you're interested. Meet time is currently 9:30, but will probably go back to 9am soon and we generally do 3 hours (ish). Whilst I don't know anyone who's done the Etape, a few of us have done the Marmotte + several other long and arduous sportives, so will probably have some info at hand.

There's also a few of us who meet up on a Tuesday night and Saturday morning for a 3 hour (ish) ride also. Meeting place/time is dependent on who's out though with these.

Think we're riding down to Oswestry this coming Sunday to reccy a Hilly TT course. You're more than welcome to tag along if you fancy it (will probably be closer to 4 hours this one).

Cheers
  • Thanks for your message, I cant make this weekend as riding over Bwlch Y groes but would like to tag along on one of your Sunday club ride outs.
    It would be helpful to get some advice from local guys that have done the Marmotte!
    Thanks again,
    Chris
    1nca