pendle predator? sorry if its been done...

jmeadows
jmeadows Posts: 335
Can anyone confirm if this event is no more? Only info I can find is on last years, & the numbers seemed low, it was in my plans this year as a build up for the fwc, gutted if its finished
never hurts your eyes to look on the bright side of life...

Comments

• Try the ribble valley 100 http://www.action.org.uk/ribble_valley_100 hope its what you're looking for.
    Cannondale Synapse Carbon 2009
    Giant Defy 2010
  • jmeadows
    Looks interesting, cheers, will have closer look later in week, thanks
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    I wouldn't regard the Predator as a build up to the Fred. I did both last year and there wasn't much in it for me between the two. The second half of the Predator was just relentless - none of the individual climbs stood out but together it was a killer. My average speed for the two rides was almost the same.

The Ribble Valley 100 route looks a doddle in comparison!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • The Pendle Predator Sportive may be happening this year but it is likely to be under a different name as numbers were very low last year. The organisers are looking into ways of attracting a bigger field this year.
  • Never done a sportive before but think I'll do the shorter version of the Ribble Valley 100 as a build up the the Rivington 100 a few weeks later.

Had planned to make Rivington my 1st as its on my doorstep but now a nice build up :)
  • jmeadows
    Guy in our club agreed with the pendle being as tough as fwc, he thought it was harder because just like u said its relentless, one after the other
  • Never done a sportive before but think I'll do the shorter version of the Ribble Valley 100 as a build up the the Rivington 100 a few weeks later.

Had planned to make Rivington my 1st as its on my doorstep but now a nice build up :)

is the rivington back on - i thought i'd read that they cancelled it last year - be great if it was on, i wouldnt mind having a go.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • butcher_boy
    butcher_boy Posts: 117
    Never done a sportive before but think I'll do the shorter version of the Ribble Valley 100 as a build up the the Rivington 100 a few weeks later.

is the rivington back on - i thought i'd read that they cancelled it last year - be great if it was on, i wouldnt mind having a go.

24/06/12 according to polocini website....details to follow.

He's on here so I suppose he can tell us?
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    Yep I have heard that Polocini is working with the charity to get the Rivington 100 back on.

He tweeted the other day that he wants to give the same standard (changing facilities, showers, CNP gubbins and amazing food), and will make the accounts transparent so people know what the charity will get out of it.

Not sure where it is up to - I did it 2 years ago and it was great, I now live in Rivington so can recommend the riding round there.
  • hmbadger
    hmbadger Posts: 181
    Never done a sportive before but think I'll do the shorter version of the Ribble Valley 100 as a build up the the Rivington 100 a few weeks later.

I did this last year, as my 1st Sportive. Lovely route.