New wheels

KulaBen
KulaBen Posts: 220
edited February 2012 in Road buying advice
I've been thinking of upgrading the Shimano RS10s on my Cannondale Supersix. I don't race, but have started doing more and more sportives. Looking for something that will cope with all year use. I weigh about 75kg, so I don't think they'll need to be too heavy duty!
Currently I've got my eye on some Ultegra 6700 or Kysrium equipes. However Merlins are doing some good deals on Shimano RS80 laminates or Kysrium elites.
Does anyone have any advice/experience on these? Anything bad to be aware of? Is it worth the extra pennies for the RS80s or Elites?
All comments gratefully accepted!

Ben

Comments

• go hand built, getting spares for any factory wheels a couple of years down the road, is always tricky . im 100+ kilos, ride every day & done lejog on 32 hole open pros, never had a problem , google harry rowland :D
  • maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    RS80 from Planet X for £300
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • rob.m
    rob.m Posts: 89
    marksteven wrote:
    go hand built, getting spares for any factory wheels a couple of years down the road, is always tricky . im 100+ kilos, ride every day & done lejog on 32 hole open pros, never had a problem , google harry rowland :D
    Hi, I'm thinking of getting some of these, what hubs have you got?
    It's never too late to become what you might have been...........
  • KulaBen
    KulaBen Posts: 220
    Maddog is that I've got some RS80s and they're ace, or I've seen these and they look a bargain. Or both?
  • Ben,

Im 84kg and have a nice Wilier Izoard fitted with Ksyrium Elites and I ride sportives....they're great wheels, kentish roads are pot-hole laden and Ive never needed them true-ing.....

Mark
  • ive 2 sets 1 with pmp hubs & 1 with hugis both lovely h is a real genius
  • rob.m
    rob.m Posts: 89
    marksteven wrote:
    ive 2 sets 1 with pmp hubs & 1 with hugis both lovely h is a real genius
    If you don't mind me asking, how much did they cost you?
    It's never too late to become what you might have been...........
  • bought the hugis bout 10 years ago for £200 & the pmps mine are on ceramic open pros think they were £450